Hessian bags compared to carry box

Anyone use a hessian bag rather than a ferret box I do a lot of walking for miles between warrens and lumpren all the kit round turns into me regretting wearing anything more than shorts and a vest just wondered if anyone else using the bags as was gonna get one and save the box for easier trips 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what our ozzy mates are missing the point...is lads are talking about is poaching and not wanting to be seen carrying a ferret box....from time to time whilst wandering local i often have a small jill

Make yourself a smallish box to go in the bottom of a rucksack be alright for a single bitch ferret. Hope your keeping alright mush ??

Eh up Cushty. Nice to hear from you. Been a while. How's the Corby Candle? I remember when we used bank bags which were not hessian but did the job ok. Fit nicely in the pocket. Jok.

5 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Anyone use a hessian bag rather than a ferret box I do a lot of walking for miles between warrens and lumpren all the kit round turns into me regretting wearing anything more than shorts and a vest just wondered if anyone else using the bags as was gonna get one and save the box for easier trips 

Make yourself a smallish box to go in the bottom of a rucksack be alright for a single bitch ferret. Hope your keeping alright mush ??

• Like 2

Used a pillow case tied piece string to it and tied it inside my coat befor now...I don’t go ferreting pissed up so not going fall face first and forget to put my hands down....

to to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever in my life fell face first and not put my hands down to stop me 

If going somewhere you have permission tho just use a light weight plastic wheelbarrow. You’d be surprised how light it makes a job 

8 minutes ago, The one said:

There's no protection for the ferret in a bag and you can sit on a box and keep your bottom off the wet ground

No time for box sitting need to be up and at them lol 

nah ive used both main thing put me off the bags is ferrets not bieng secure and clambering on eachother but id use it for a single ferret no problem.

On 09/02/2018 at 13:54, jok said:

Eh up Cushty. Nice to hear from you. Been a while. How's the Corby Candle? I remember when we used bank bags which were not hessian but did the job ok. Fit nicely in the pocket. Jok.

Haven't bin the Corby candle a while jock cut down on the drink since Christmas try to avoid pubs these days yeah I know what your on about those bags they'll work if I could get them lol

On 09/02/2018 at 18:04, C.green said:

Not much room mush bags normally rammed with nets that's all I take with me now my single Jill only small warrens we ain't been out much this season with the ferrets  and probally get one more trip in before I stop for the season now dead out there worse than last year 

On 09/02/2018 at 21:17, Aussie Whip said:

Can't see the hardship of carrying a small ferret box,a sack would be more annoying with them clambering around inside,and as said if you slip over on steep ground which often happens.

No it's not small it's a uncomfortable horrible big thing from the days gone by lol your right maybe I should just wait into the summer shows and fairs and get a nicer smaller one 

• Like 1