Doberman

Hi there people I'm new to this forum but was put onto it by someone via insta. I'm can appreciate ppls opinion and may think he isn't pure because his size but he is... but not that it matters. I have myself a pure bred doberman which has a very high prey drive, great agility, crazy genetics and loves a good rabbit chase. Proven to work well. He had just turned 3 and I will not use him to breed to my over dobermans as I do pp with mine. So I would like to put him to some use and cross him to add health to a dog and his work rate and ability. I have more images and videos on request. I would just like to see what others think? I think he would go well with a lurcher to hopefully through a rough coat to pups as he opens up easy when working which is a pain but isn't often as he clears a lot!!! Cheers for taking the time to read this.

IMG_6086.JPG

• Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't you put it to a Mali bitch if you do pp? Or give Jeff burrell a call.... He's added just about every other breed except doberman to the oldest line of lurcher in the world??? ?  

this is a wind up, no wonder there is  so much rubbish  about ffs.

A tax collector I think.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Personally never seen or heard of a Doberman put in to a lurcher but I'm guessing it would be similar to a bull x at a guess 

Was a few around in the early 80's.  An old associate of mine bred a litter from an accidental mating of a working whippet/greyhound sire to a doberman bitch ( guard dog ). He took a bitch and worked her mainly on the lamp. She wasn't great, but was far from useless.  Mated her to a collie/grey x saluki/grey and kept a dog and a bitch back. Both pretty good allrounders

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Why don't you put it to a Mali bitch if you do pp? Or give Jeff burrell a call.... He's added just about every other breed except doberman to the oldest line of lurcher in the world??? ?

He probably gave herr Doberman the dog he used to create the Doberman with ??

• Haha 1

My only experience of a Doberman is when crossing a field at the back of a house who's guard dog (the Dobbie) saw me and came at me to attack me.

Luckily the terrier I had was running loose, seen the Doberman and met him head on, tripped him and the Doberman somersaulted and landed facing home. He ran straight home with my terrier chasing him.

I was talking to the owner later and told him what happened. He said they're the most scatter brained breed he knows but at least they look the part.

Weren't they developed by a German postman to guard him on his rounds ?

1 minute ago, neil cooney said:

My only experience of a Doberman is when crossing a field at the back of a house who's guard dog (the Dobbie) saw me and came at me to attack me.

Luckily the terrier I had was running loose, seen the Doberman and met him head on, tripped him and the Doberman somersaulted and landed facing home. He ran straight home with my terrier chasing him.

I was talking to the owner later and told him what happened. He said they're the most scatter brained breed he knows but at least they look the part.

Weren't they developed by a German postman to guard him on his rounds ?

A tax collector I think.

• Like 4