Police on my permission

As a few lads have said Mitch, I only ever call the police for a job number when I'm on a golf club perm, purely because of the goody goodies seeing a "MAN WITH A GUN".

Best of it is....ive done that, gone on the golf club with my lamp and heard live rounds going off and had lamps shone in my face then they have f#*@ed off when I've shouted at them. You can bet they didn't have written permission?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been out shooting for a few hours tonight and just about to take a shot ,when bright lights shone on the fields . I stopped shooting and started to walk back to my van where the lights came from ,as m

This kind of thing always winds me up, I can understand if shooting in a sensitive area why it would be a good idea to inform the police of your activities, but there is absolutely no requirement in l

I don`t know about your areas Police Mitch but to phone in around my neck of the woods - it`ll be time to come home before the feckers answer the phone !                                    

Only at  my work do i have to contact the police and get a job number but as its nearly 500 acres of prime rabbit land i don't mind , but it laughable 5 times i've had the armed response out  and often when you call in the civilian operator does not have a clue 

I got pulled on the golf course last year off two plod/I showed them my paperwork and then one said if I get another officer here can i we chrono your mfr I said no because the chairman has told me you are trespassing on here and have no right driving over the eighth green they left

• Like 2

Once got buzzed on a golf course by a chopper at 8:30am ? I was with my mate and his 10 year old son, all of us carrying shotties and the kid turns round and starts waving at the chopper with his gun over his arm but slightly raised ???

By fook did we both scream lower the fuucking gun ? chopper buggered off. My mate an me looked at each other as if to say "ah bollocks" knowing we're about to be visited.. I then got a phone call from the local copper.. "is that you on the golfie kie" yep... Ffs can you tell us next time please ???

Nothing more said. Someone says please, you listen. After that I always got a log number before going out and about?

This is interesting it never occurred to me about ringing the police before going out. I shoot at a 120 acre site near Nottingham so may give them a ring now to see if they need notice of me shooting. I always carry a signed BASC perm slip with me in case I get stopped on the way home but it’s worth a call 

Personally I have never rung the police to let them know that I'm out shooting. I cover that many small farms in a night that it would take an eternity to give them all the details. Also, there are that many couples getting there leg over on the country lanes around here it would take a bunch of officers all night to check every vehicle. They would get very bored, very quickly. :yes:

This kind of thing always winds me up, I can understand if shooting in a sensitive area why it would be a good idea to inform the police of your activities, but there is absolutely no requirement in law to inform the police of your lawful shooting activities, the fact is most coppers know very very little about firearms law, and seem to think they can act on impulse and make the law up as they go, police should be impartial and leave personal feelings whatever they may be at home.

• Like 3
On 03/02/2018 at 00:42, walshie said:

One golf course I shoot at insists I phone it in as there are houses round the outside of the course and a couple actually on the course itself and wouldn't give me permission otherwise.

A couple of years back around midnight we had just shot a fox when I heard police radios getting closer, then saw torches aiming at us. I unloaded the gun and put it back in its slip in the gator and turned to face the two coppers puffing and panting running towards me. As they got closer, they veered off and one of them said "Alright lads?" as they ran past and into some bushes by the road. Within a few seconds they came out with some scrote in handcuffs who had jumped the fence onto the course.

Wonder what would have been the outcome had the bullet passed through the fox and hit the scrote hiding in the bushes? 

15 hours ago, delswal said:

Wonder what would have been the outcome had the bullet passed through the fox and hit the scrote hiding in the bushes? 

Exactly. He wasn't 50 yards from us, but then who would use bushes as a backstop?