The buggers have been going through peanuts at an astonishing rate, they’ve started the chewing too....

Going to try this new (far cheaper) bait, also I’ve reinforced the feeder....

BAC801E6-A5E9-4FB9-A907-67516ED4CEB5.jpeg

E7EBAC21-114A-40F8-92C2-0F731AE5DCBC.jpeg

EC9AB43B-89DA-4EDA-A68B-AE16075A8F71.jpeg

I have been told that wheat works well so mixing it with some peanuts reduces the cost. I will be interested to hear how well the guinea pig food works, I can get some very large sacks of that for not a lot of money.

If they don't like it, they will flick it all over the ground........................rat bait, double the quarry species. 

Phil

• Like 1

Thing is with peanuts the woodys will eat loads of them 

Wheat works well,  they target my pheasant feeders as much as the peanut feeders

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philpot said:

I have been told that wheat works well so mixing it with some peanuts reduces the cost. I will be interested to hear how well the guinea pig food works, I can get some very large sacks of that for not a lot of money.

If they don't like it, they will flick it all over the ground........................rat bait, double the quarry species. 

Phil

2 hours ago, The one said:

Thing is with peanuts the woodys will eat loads of them 

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Wheat works well,  they target my pheasant feeders as much as the peanut feeders

I have purchased a trail camera, this evening. When it has arrived I will deploy it, and hopefully all will become clearer.

whatever it is, is going through a lot of feed....

• Like 1

Guinea pig food seems popular although there’s a bit on the floor.

Also a bit more reinforcement needed.

DD08F83C-E5C4-4B1F-9796-0110BE174650.jpeg

B2BA3A9A-1B55-47E0-B7A9-C7686F31BC84.jpeg

645D29A6-CE6D-4041-B134-9A07C89ECB67.jpeg

Mole Valley Farmers sell 25 Kilo sacks of whole wheat for £7.25p. Get a metal dust bin and keep it by the feeder. The bin will keep the wheat dry. Put a brick on top the bin lid so the wind won't blow it off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Mole Valley Farmers sell 25 Kilo sacks of whole wheat for £7.25p. Get a metal dust bin and keep it by the feeder. The bin will keep the wheat dry. Put a brick on top the bin lid so the wind won't blow it off.

Went to a local supplier today, on way back from work. I got a 20kg sack of mixed corn for £6.50, mixed a couple of small bags of peanuts in, too.

5 minutes ago, rick12345 said:

Went to a local supplier today, on way back from work. I got a 20kg sack of mixed corn for £6.50, mixed a couple of small bags of peanuts in, too.

Kin ell, that's £325  a ton, go see a local farmer, even the organic wheat is only £250 a ton.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Kin ell, that's £325  a ton, go see a local farmer, even the organic wheat is only £250 a ton.

Don’t mind £6.50 tbh, it’s far cheaper than the peanuts. I could get it for nothing if I help myself from the feed store by the pheasant pen but don’t want to take the piss...

• Haha 1