Canal pike fishing

16 minutes ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Alright mr "I live in Ireland and we don't have a close season on our rivers". Ive had bugger all this year. Well, that's a lie, had a couple of jacks but all tiny. 

Im in ireland 2 mate boyne runs from kildare all through meath most of it is club waters and most clubs are all about the trout

Just now, jack44 said:

Im in ireland 2 mate boyne runs from kildare all through meath most of it is club waters and most clubs are all about the trout

I know you're in ireland fella haha. that's what I am saying. Im in England and we can't fish the rivers between 15th March and 15th June. Just wish the Otters, cormorants and poachers knew that and gave a crap. 

2 hours ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

I know you're in ireland fella haha. that's what I am saying. Im in England and we can't fish the rivers between 15th March and 15th June. Just wish the Otters, cormorants and poachers knew that and gave a crap. 

ha sorry my bad must of read it wrong. Is the river closed for all fishing between them times our trout season only strats in march

• 2 weeks later...
On 1 February 2018 at 09:23, DIDO.1 said:

I have put a few pics on the view from your swim thread, but rather than keep sticking them on there I thought I'd start a new one. 

I have grown up fishing the canal and though its produced pike for years.....with the occasional big one.....i honestly can't remember it ever producing so many nice pike. The average was always 4-5lb, now its 8-12 with one caught over 15 the other day. 

Most of my trips have been for no more than 3 hours, and I'm moving 2-3 times during that time so perhaps 2.5 hours fishing.....and I'm expecting to catch fish with 3-4 runs in that time. Where else can you expect that many runs in 2.5hours with fish around double figures?? I'm not even fishing to boats or features, my peg choice is based purely on shelter from the wind and lack of dog turds. I'm fishing the l+l canal around its halfway point....there is over 120 miles of canal with practically free fishing and fish that have never seen a hook. 

Anyone got any pics of canal pike or carp? ...proper wild fish that are a million miles away from commercial fisheries 

Absolutely totally different kettle of fish if you will excuse the punt! 100% agree with u there pal about the difference between wild and commercial pike and carp! Im in east yorkshire and now and again i fish a commercial pond for pike. Its got 2 lakes and 1 is more carp and the other is apparantly more pike and this place is very lightly fished for pike. Me and my brother go there and either or both of us have 3-4 runs and we are always back home for just after dinner time. Great stuff especially for a commercial place but give me the chance of any wild fish over commercial anyday!

6 minutes ago, Lance82 said:

Absolutely totally different kettle of fish if you will excuse the punt! 100% agree with u there pal about the difference between wild and commercial pike and carp! Im in east yorkshire and now and again i fish a commercial pond for pike. Its got 2 lakes and 1 is more carp and the other is apparantly more pike and this place is very lightly fished for pike. Me and my brother go there and either or both of us have 3-4 runs and we are always back home for just after dinner time. Great stuff especially for a commercial place but give me the chance of any wild fish over commercial anyday!

Im putting a pic or 2 up from the commercial place i mentioned! Well im trying. My brother just whats apped them to me so give me a minute or 2 please

• 3 weeks later...