Pup caught on barbed wire fence

Out a walk about a hour ago and my pup took off after a rabbit she tried to jump a barbed wire fence unfortunately got caught and ripped the inside of here leg. Need some advice do you think she’s needs vet i think she maybe could do with a stitch or two but don’t want to be robbed. What’s do you think lads? It’s about a inc long I have cleaned it with salt water since photo was takin Much appreciated?

AF2F2BDB-3BB4-4034-897C-D9DD310EFEEB.jpeg

• Sad 1

wound should of been flushed out asap , theres a fair bit mud in that tear,  ,straight back t the motor and flush flush and more flush , but like the lads are saying best you go to vets as you don't sound sure ,atb 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just keep it immaculately clean and washed out everyday and shave the hair off directly around the wound with some clippers and it will heal ok on its own, I’d go to the vets to get metacam and antibiotics, but wouldn’t pay the robbing b*****ds to stitch it up, had a worse cut than that on my bitch from barbed wire 3 weeks ago and they wanted £480 to stitch her up on the Monday and it would of been £660 to have it done on the Sunday when it happened, I decided just to let it heal on its own and it’s nearly all healed up now in 3 weeks and had no infection at all,keep the dogs bedding clean and try to stop it from licking the wound by putting a coat on it as there is a lot of bacteria in the dogs saliva, and spray the wound with chlorhexidine spray everyday, it will soon heal.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Do you not know a lad with a stapler to it for you,a good clean and rinse a jab of Penacillan staples out in 10 days job done as I’ve had and seen worse over the years.

There’s no point giving penicillin if there’s no infection.. 

• Like 2