Only one cure

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hunger cure ?

Used to be one called Lou farrows on the blue market but that’s gone . The one I go to is Manzis on Deptford high st 

thats the one me and the mrs went in on gnashers recomendation.....south side of tower bridge

Posted Images

I used to love eel fishing, we used to catch some good sized ones, many years back we would take them home for the local old boys, they lived em, kept them in a bath overnight, skinned the next day, thems were the days.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I used to love eel fishing, we used to catch some good sized ones, many years back we would take them home for the local old boys, they lived em, kept them in a bath overnight, skinned the next day, thems were the days.

They fetch some money nowadays  a good size eel a thing of the past if I did catch a biggie I’d put it back but took my fare share yrs back out the Thames prob give all my family mercury poisoning lol 

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

They fetch some money nowadays  a good size eel a thing of the past if I did catch a biggie I’d put it back but took my fare share yrs back out the Thames prob give all my family mercury poisoning lol 

Really, your telling me there is a good market for the bloody things lol, not been for a good few yrs now, but my local stretch was full of them upto 6 to 7lb 

18 minutes ago, jok said:

River Nene , Then up to Lincolnshire was packed with them. HOWEVER? A related question to all our anglers. LAST TIME YOU SAW OR CAUGHT A LAMPREY?? Bet that's got you guessing Jok.

Never caught one jok, but I know the nene very well indeed.

Eh up edrd and Rabid. Yes the river Nene was , and probably still is, a great place for both eels and lampreys. You would need to know where though. Just by the power station and Avon Cosmetics on the Bedford Rd was the place to be but there was loads more. Jok.

Mate. We are going way of subject for which I apologise. When diving off the East coast , I never,, ever, gave out way points. My wrecks were closely guarded and in fact not that many were registered on the register. I will say that fishing was not high on the agenda but  when it came to inshore I wasn't too bothered. Jok.

When I was living on the Isle of Dogs my Nan used to take a washing up bowl full of Jellied Eels down the pub on a Saturday night my brother was always getting them out of the Thames, there must be a few on here who remembers Tubby Issacs Aldgate petticoat lane area back in the day he was the King of jellied eels bless him.

Nice looking bit of Grub GL I  took a mate to the Pie and Mash in woolwich once and ordered mine he took one look at the liquor nearly threw up and asked for gravy I was horrified. 

• Like 1