Off Boar hunting

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off Boar hunting with Alectoris in Aragon...... Not shooting this time, walking with the dog pack instead. Pics to follow

here he is

Posted Images

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

its a shame cant see the differance in using certain breeds over others 

would a bull grey be ok?

We went down this road before. Yes a bullx would be fine but you need a full pack. We had 40 dogs split into two packs yesterday.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I was told something to do with accidents or along those lines.

I'll ask Alectoris to come on and explain ?

Hi mate.

These dogs aren't allowed in some regions here (mine is one of them). It really is a political issue. Let's just say that in the last elections Walt Disney was able to put a politician in many local governments. Since banning hunting was completely out of reach, a couple of accidents involving cattle and dogos were the perfect excuse for these guys to ban their use here. Trekkers, bikers, mushroom recollecters and such also put pressure to make this ban effective so, from last season, dogs with wide chests and block heads are not allowed for hunting.

Hopefully this will change soon but   at the moment it has meant that many dog pack handlers ("rehalas"  are called here) have had to get rid of great alanos, presas and dogos.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed yesterday's hunt. You really walked a few miles in rough terrain!

We definitely have to try that dog of yours with these pigs!

??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ALECTORIS said:

Hi mate.

These dogs aren't allowed in some regions here (mine is one of them). It really is a political issue. Let's just say that in the last elections Walt Disney was able to put a politician in many local governments. Since banning hunting was completely out of reach, a couple of accidents involving cattle and dogos were the perfect excuse for these guys to ban their use here. Trekkers, bikers, mushroom recollecters and such also put pressure to make this ban effective so, from last season, dogs with wide chests and block heads are not allowed for hunting.

Hopefully this will change soon but   at the moment it has meant that many dog pack handlers ("rehalas"  are called here) have had to get rid of great alanos, presas and dogos.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed yesterday's hunt. You really walked a few miles in rough terrain!

??

I forgoed Thai Boxing and the weights today ? my legs are fecking killing me ?

The day was a good one mate, muchas gracias tio.... y sí, cabron está esperando su turno ?

1 hour ago, ALECTORIS said:

Hi mate.

??

How are the dogs bred,mushroom mentioned boxer x podenco ? 

The main blood is still podenco.

There's a heavy type called "Valduezas" specially improved for boar and deer.

They usually try to get as close as that morphology as possible; that is try to keep the nose, cleverness and stamina of true hunting podencos and the power of a boxer or a local mastiff, much less dominant and aggressive than dogos and, being more muscled, less that these last ones.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

I forgoed Thai Boxing and the weights today ? my legs are fecking killing me ?

The day was a good one mate, muchas gracias tio.... y sí, cabron está esperando su turno ?

Do you reckon one of them coursing types would do much to a proper pig ? 

Looks a good day out ??

They should be able to catch up to one. How he'd hold or follow up, I have no idea tbh. A large boar I'm sure he'd have a go but seriously doubt he would be able to get to terms with it alone. Some of the dogs yesterday had what looked like collie in their make up and were quite small and light. Cabron is around 36kg and very agile so he should be ok..... he won't be alone out there when he goes, I'm sure ;)

1 hour ago, Wales1234 said:

looks similar to where we hunted over the mush ! Wild boar bloody everywhere over here nothing but pain in the arse ! One run straight over the top me few weeks back haha 

Kinell mate did it catch ya?

Saw a right mess of a guy on a photo the other day. Don't take them long to cut you up!

This was the same land we hunted when you came over. This time it's was rife with boar ;)

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

Kinell mate did it catch ya?

Saw a right mess of a guy on a photo the other day. Don't take them long to cut you up!

This was the same land we hunted when you came over. This time it's was rife with boar ;)

Wasn’t to bad mate just knocked me over come flying out of some bramble ! I bet there was boar there that day but obviously none of our dogs new what boar were I spent my time hunting a foxes with the beagle x haha 

• Haha 1