Reminder of the wheaton x mentality

Ok that’s a prefect example of what I’m on about 

you have a young dog 10 months , raw , finding its way now 

during the previous months all that was done was hand feeding , boxed trained the Down and trained to bark on command , all outside nice and quiet somewhere 

the pup has been tuning into you every outing for months  and you are bonded at a base level , it’s gut 

if a dog can ingest food while stimulated , it can digest the distraction of a strange dog in its environment , it can’t keep focus on 2 things at the same time ,

the same as if the pup is trained to bark for food,  I use that base distraction to tune the pup into me

with barking , if he’s /she is tuned into our activity , he feels energy moving there is no canine stimulation in (input) of a strange dog  that is not be turned into an output, there is an energetic movement through the bark , nothing is stuck as far as the dog is concerned every f***ing thing is moving   He’s a 1 , 

the bottom line for a dog is , if it is stimulated it has to act ,he has to move 

unless you engage and show it ways of engaging with you first 

that is the foundation of social because the other dog just becomes a distraction and I don’t add that distraction until I have those few months training done, and from there on strange dogs are just a way of engaging 

our job as owners is not to meet everydog in the world but to tune out every dog  we meet , 

Edited by Casso

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do people like you who have dogs that they know could kick off don’t put them on leads? If somebody’s dog had done it to yours you would no doubt be on here bleating about it.

My dog has took a disliking to a certain spaniel and dosnt normally bother I can only think that spaniel s must make sly comments under there breath then Mek out they ain't said owt 

For starters, well done for being reasonable and understanding that it was your mistake that caused it. We all make mistakes but you aren't being a dick about it like many would. My attitude with

11 minutes ago, Casso said:

Ok that’s a prefect example of what I’m on about 

you have a young dog 10 months , raw , finding its way now 

during the previous months all that was done was hand feeding , boxed trained the Down and trained to bark on command , all outside nice and quiet somewhere 

the pup has been tuning into you every outing for months  and you are bonded at a base level , it’s gut 

if a dog can ingest food while stimulated , it can digest the distraction of a strange dog in its environment , it can’t keep focus on 2 things at the same time ,

the same as if the pup is trained to bark for food,  I use that base distraction to tune the pup into me

with barking , if he’s /she is tuned into our activity , he feels energy moving there is no canine stimulation in (input) of a strange dog  that is not be turned into an output, there is an energetic movement through the bark , nothing is stuck as far as the dog is concerned every f***ing thing is moving   He’s a 1 , 

the bottom line for a dog is , if it is stimulated it has to act ,he has to move 

unless you engage and show it ways of engaging with you first 

that is the foundation of social because the other dog just becomes a distraction and I don’t add that distraction until I have those few months training done, and from there on strange dogs are just a way of engaging 

You don't want a running dog barking all over the shop mate it's not cricket 

4 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Bill you know fcuk all about me are my dogs are what I've been around. You think youve reinvented the wheel by mixing bull xs and Wheaton xs lol. Get over yourself man. I've breed and owned Wheaton xs and been around many more so I know what there all about..  Anyway you've more stamina than me for writing shite than I have for reading it.  Ps. How are them big scatter bred plodders getting on killed many rhinos lately.

I know adzactly who you are ya fecking no dog man go play chasing a few rainbows with tax three quarter grey types  thy don't need stamina in your animals they will throw the towel well before they ready to blow up ,fecking to bit numpty ,no one invented the wheel , trouble with thee yas jumped on me posts in the Wheaton thread but let me to thee this yas ain't done feck all you seem to have kept mellow soft temp type mongrell greyhounds not worth a toss ta the pester man those strong plodders has you call them only need one moment and it's theres and they be out tonight while you me and many others are on here ,I have no doubt they will fill truck that's fa sure plus keep one a two dairy farmers happy.and while those mongrell greys have blown up they will have plenty left in them that's the beauty of Lurcher xs Lurcher type generation bred they tend have what the f1s and three quarter type lack workers both sides no dog man ta me. That's old school not inventing a wheel tit.atb Bill 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Black neck said:

You don't want a running dog barking all over the shop mate it's not cricket 

No that way you make it a command bud it then can contrast where and when and that lovely hurling 

Edited by Casso
17 minutes ago, billhardy said:

I know adzactly who you are ya fecking no dog man go play chasing a few rainbows with tax three quarter grey types  thy don't need stamina in your animals they will throw the towel well before they ready to blow up ,fecking to bit numpty ,no one invented the wheel , trouble with thee yas jumped on me posts in the Wheaton thread but let me to thee this yas ain't done feck all you seem to have kept mellow soft temp type mongrell greyhounds not worth a toss ta the pester man those strong plodders has you call them only need one moment and it's theres and they be out tonight while you me and many others are on here ,I have no doubt they will fill truck that's fa sure plus keep one a two dairy farmers happy.and while those mongrell greys have blown up they will have plenty left in them that's the beauty of Lurcher xs Lurcher type generation bred they tend have what the f1s and three quarter type lack workers both sides no dog man ta me. That's old school not inventing a wheel tit.atb Bill 

Like i said bill get over yourself man. Lol. By the way bill I never seen the crack your on about as the job for a lurcher but what ever floats your boat fella. Like I said to you previously bill obsessed with the killing and forgot about the catching. 

Edited by dogmandont
2 hours ago, longers01 said:

Ive a wheaten cross here he's 2 and half year old and he started to be a c**t with dogs he doesn't no wasn't bad until a few weeks ago so he's on lead now until we hit the fields atb longers01

This the thing age  mostly they get to mature dogs ,this his then when they can start to show there bred in instincts it not just the theory of pack behaviour ,it can be about what's in his breeding bda what the type been developed to do and with working wheatons it was trials drawing etc call it what yas will they were rewnowned fa being difficult with other dogs and people it's a fact ,littl I descriptions with other dogs has saplings can leave lasting affects ,but I have seen this two go has far has a hatred fa the breed type that sowed the seed of hate usually being put in fear has a youngster or bad experience same thing I supposeththey ,the hounds in hunt kennels are found walking homes da the first yr of there lives brought back when ready ta start there career  of hunting .atb Scottish bill

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Like i said bill get over yourself man. Lol. By the way bill I never seen the crack your on about as the job for a lurcher but what ever floats your boat fella. Like I said to you previously bill obsessed with the killing and forgot about the catching. 

Like a said yas done feck all thems yas own words and usually mostly stuff has been well caught fir its Kelld atb Scottish bill 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PJCaswell said:

Wheatons, like pit bulls, mastiff or any other of the scary breeds are just dogs. And just need handling by someone who knows a bit about their breed and is willing to put in the work to train them as best they can to be first and foremost a great dog and then to work. In that order. There nothing mythical or super canine about them. 

some dogs are pure driven to hate others. No amount of training would change that because they thrive off of it, the key is to channel that drive towards work.

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

So your one of the c**ts killing em. Ffs get the lurchers on some proper game, where they have to actually course. 

18 hours ago, rob284 said:

some dogs are pure driven to hate others. No amount of training would change that because they thrive off of it, the key is to channel that drive towards work.

That's just the same as saying that dogs need to be trained properly - then mentally and physically exercised in a way makes since to that breed. The only difference between dogs is what happens when it isn't trained or exercised. If Bichon Frise it will yap a lot as chew a mat, if its a terrier it fight with other dogs.