• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Serves you right you filthy Europeans!

Whats instagram and can you buy weed ther. Or do you mean instant gram

thanks mackem..fecking hard mate..innit..but.like my wife told me,you gotta carry on. ya gotta start again..the only words that keep me going.

Posted Images

'Cannabis smokers are far less of a threat to society than drunks'

...and more of your opinions after Police and Crime Commissioner Arfon Jones called for certain drugs to be sold in off-licenses

Arfon Jones recently came out and called for steps to be taken to control the sale of certain illegal substances.

He said: "I want to see drugs controlled and sold by responsible retailers similar to off-licences that sell alcohol.

"I don’t see a difference between the use of alcohol and the use of cannabis."

The outspoken former policeman has also come out publicly in the past saying that the 

His views have provoked a strong reaction among readers, with many coming out either for or against the suggestion on social media.

Here's just some of what you had to say about it...

Tom Lewis wrote on Facebook: "I’m not a weed smoker and never have been but I completely agree with Arfon on this. Trouble is people are so closed minded that they refuse to see things from a different perspective. Alcohol is one of the worst drugs there is yet being intoxicated isn’t only socially acceptable it’s become glamourised. Pot smokers are far less of a threat to society than drunks. Just my opinion."

Chris Rees shared some of his own personal experience relating to the issue.

He said: "As a recovered alcoholic I personally know the damage alcohol does.

"Because of alcohol abuse I had polysythemia (sticky blood) chronic pancreatitis and diabetes.

"Since medicating with cannabis all my conditions are gone.

"No more polysythemia, chronic pancreatitis or diabetes, I was on 80+ pills a day last year, now I don't take any."

John Nesbitt disagreed with the suggestion, and wrote on Facebook saying: "What a crackpot he is, starting on soft drugs will lead you on to heroin and cocaine etc"

Daz Picken said: "People need to look at what is happening around the world, its legal in a lot of countries and states of america. Canada recently joined the long list so do these know something we dont. Portugal adopted a different approach to drug use and now that system is being used as a role model for legalisation due to its profound success. The figures show prohibition doesn't work. Well done Arfon for leading the way on a new approach.

Dylan Roberts had a similar view, saying: "These 'adults need to do some real, proper research. Kids with severe autism are being treated with the oils and are able to talk and play. Elderly with Parkinson's. People with cancer. Better use for plastics and textiles. Won't take over 100s of years to degrade away. Ignorance is bliss. Being indoctrinated is the new hip thing these days."

Meanwhile, Alex Ward added: "How does he not see the difference? One is almost completely harmless. The other is highly addictive, incredibly destructive and costs the tax payers millions in damaging and policing every year, not to mention the deaths and the cost to the NHS. Just ban alcohol already."

But Christian Rich expressed disbelief at the commissioner's statement and said: "Is this guy for real, has he experienced someone who has suffered mental health issues because cannabis use, if he had then he wouldn’t make daft comments. Having said that, for medicinal use, on prescription, controlled, I would agree with, provided it has a proven success."

Llion Williams supported the suggestion and added: "Well said, but it will never change though. The UK on the whole is too conservative and narrow minded to make those beneficial changes, unfortunately. Not just on this issue. Unlike Arfon, I reckon most of us Brits are unable to think outside the box."

Should drugs like cannabis be sold in off-licenses?

at this time

yes 79%

no 21%

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/cannabis-smokers-far-less-threat-14411073

1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Does make you chuckle, alcohol is a drug so will pissheads eventually turn into smack rats. That old myth is well and truly busted!

Biggest "gate-way" drug ever is sold in shops in packets of 10 or 20,ciggies is the first smoke kids get their hands on :thumbs: closely followed by cheap booze :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 14/03/2018 at 19:28, Kerny92 said:

My old lady has terrible arthrtis and has got some of that CBD from Holland & Barret. She's not impressed at all tbh, is this the real deal? Also has anyone heard of THC? 

In cannabis there is a chemical called THCA. You have to Ddcarboxylate the cannabis to turn it into THC. This is done by heating the cannabis, too much heat will turn the THC into CBN and CBD. This is not what you want. If you can get hold of some 'weed' you can make your own oil with some propyl alcohol, coffee filters and a rice cooker.

Here is the Rick Simpson story. I've shown this to people who think cannabis is a gate way drug and once they see this 'old man' changing lives they become more open minded.

Check out Larry. Larry has Parkinson Disease, watch the timer as he finds relief in under 5 minutes...it's amazing. Breaks your heart to think that people are suffering like this when there is a cheap cure but the Government won't let it be used because the big pharmaceuticals want to make money from peoples suffering. 

This kid having a seizure 

This was on This Morning 4 days ago.

This was about a year ago.

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

In cannabis there is a chemical called THCA. You have to Ddcarboxylate the cannabis to turn it into THC. This is done by heating the cannabis, too much heat will turn the THC into CBN and CBD. This is not what you want. If you can get hold of some 'weed' you can make your own oil with some propyl alcohol, coffee filters and a rice cooker.

Here is the Rick Simpson story. I've shown this to people who think cannabis is a gate way drug and once they see this 'old man' changing lives they become more open minded.

Check out Larry. Larry has Parkinson Disease, watch the timer as he finds relief in under 5 minutes...it's amazing. Breaks your heart to think that people are suffering like this when there is a cheap cure but the Government won't let it be used because the big pharmaceuticals want to make money from peoples suffering. 

This kid having a seizure 

This was on This Morning 4 days ago.

This was about a year ago.

That's the lady above who i was talking about, apparently it has all but cured her cancer and is almost tumour free. 

5 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

What does he suffer from and what's his opinion on them? 

Tbh that brand is the only ones he's tried but he wouldn't be without it now.  His backs f****d from falling through a loft hatch years ago in work . It eases it for him in the day 

Just now, Welsh_red said:

Tbh that brand is the only ones he's tried but he wouldn't be without it now.  His backs f****d from falling through a loft hatch years ago in work . It eases it for him in the day 

Some of the prizes are crazy though, over £500 for a 30ml bottle.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Some of the prizes are crazy though, over £500 for a 30ml bottle.

Anything cannabis related instantly inflates in value as snake oil salesmen jump on the bandwagon,prohibition of the base material has priced that.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I had a bad back about 10 years ago. No one could ease the pain. Tried Dr's, physiotherapy, Chiropractors the lot. Then some one gave me the number for a bloke called Gary Toms. On the first meeting he did what no one else had done, he ran his fingers down my spine , stopped and said 'That's it there, right?' and he was spot on. He's like a sports ijury type person, send your friend to some one like him. http://www.drovehouse.co.uk/aboutus.html

• 3 weeks later...

Britain’s first investment firm dedicated to funding medical cannabis ventures will float in London today, amid a global "green rush" of investment into products made from the widely-banned weed.

Sativa Investments has raised £1.1m through the IPO on the capital’s Nex exchange, which is also used by Arsenal football club. The fundraising values Sativa at £4m.

The vehicle has been founded by serial entrepreneur Geremy Thomas, who has made millions through ventures in the early days of mobile phone technology and consumer finance.

Mr Thomas told The Daily Telegraph the fund would enable UK investors to capitalise on the “massive growth potential” of medical cannabis – despite the products being all-but banned in Britain.

“This is the most exciting area I’ve invested in so far because of the scale of the opportunity and the benefit it delivers for people,” Mr Thomas said.

“It has been held back for too long because of political bias rooted in the drug wars of the Seventies. But public opinion has swung against this.”

Britain is already home to one of the world's largest medical cannabis firms, Nasdaq-listed GW Pharma

Mr Thomas predicted that the UK would liberalise its laws to allow more medical cannabis products “within 18 months”, following the path set by countries including Israel, Canada, Germany and more than half of US states.

Medical cannabis products are used around the world to treat a number of ailments, including for pain relief, anxiety and to reduce seizures in epilepsy.

A limited number of medicines containing cannabidiol, a derivative of cannabis more commonly known as CBD, have been approved for use in the UK for conditions such as easing loss of muscle control in people with multiple sclerosis.

But a blanket ban on products containing the psychoactive part of cannabis – THC – has prevented a wider range coming to market.

Analysts predict cannabis sales will overtake beer in California next year following its legalisation for recreational as well as medicinal use at the start of this year, highlighting the product’s explosive growth in places that have liberalised their drug laws.

Britain is already home to one of the world’s largest medical cannabis companies. GW Pharma is listed on New York’s Nasdaq stock exchange, with a market valuation of $3.1bn (£2.2bn), but is based in the UK and grows cannabis plants in greenhouses covering the area of 23 football pitches in Norfolk.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:15, mackem said:

large.FeedtheBirds.jpg.447b566870c080922266767cbf7447a8.jpg

large.british-sugar-greenhouse-aerial.jpg.e2a73b4d70a3991e77233644b14c676a.jpg

People power..........

HASH HUSH

Drugs Minister banned from talking about pot — as hubby runs giant cannabis farm

Conservative MP Victoria Atkins has been left red-faced after failing to mention her husband Paul Kenward's involvement with Britain's largest cannabis farm when she was appointed drugs Minister last November.

DRUGS Minister Victoria Atkins has been banned from talking about marijuana for the Government because her husband runs a giant cannabis farm.

Ms Atkins is married to Paul Kenward, who is managing director of British Sugar.

The company grows marijuana in Wissington, Norfolk, under a licence from her department the Home Office. The crops are being used in an epilepsy drug in the US.

It emerged Ms Atkins, who began her job last November, failed to mention her husband’s involvement in cannabis growing in MPs’ interests.

Guidelines say family interests should be declared if relevant to a ministerial responsibility.

Steve Moore, of drug policy think-tank Volteface, said: “We have the ridiculous situation of the drugs minister being unable to speak in Parliament or make decisions on one of the most important parts of her job.”

Mr Kenward’s licence was issued in 2016 before his wife became a minister.

Ms Atkins has been a staunch opponent of legalising cannabis and, as a barrister, prosecuted drug offenders.

The Home Office said she had “voluntarily recused herself from policy or decisions relating to cannabis”.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6278243/drugs-minister-banned-from-cannabis-discussion/amp/

Crackers innit!

Legalising it would turn his lucrative government contract into toilet paper... Granted a very comfortable hemp-based paper at that.

I wonder if you look up nepotism in the Oxford English dictionary 2018 edition her face would be in it?

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Haha 1