whats the best food for lurchers

3 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Six quid for 2 pounds of tripe sounds a bit dear to me. You should look for a slaughterhouse that'll sell you whole unwashed tripes (15 to 25 pound weight usually?) or get to know someone who works at a slaughterhouse.

I buy waste from butchers who slaughter their own animals and from a chicken plant I used to work for. Lamb necks and ribs free, chicken necks 5 euro for 10 kilo box, beef hearts fiver each, pig hearts a euro, minced trims 3 euro a kilo etc. etc. etc.

Other way round mate 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got divorced 

think whichever way you feed be it 100% meat , kibble or mix of both consistency is the key to it, how ever it pays to feed the very best consistent diet that you can afford

Lamb ribs and neck,sheep paunch and a lambs heart tonight.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Six quid for 2 pounds of tripe sounds a bit dear to me. You should look for a slaughterhouse that'll sell you whole unwashed tripes (15 to 25 pound weight usually?) or get to know someone who works at a slaughterhouse.

I buy waste from butchers who slaughter their own animals and from a chicken plant I used to work for. Lamb necks and ribs free, chicken necks 5 euro for 10 kilo box, beef hearts fiver each, pig hearts a euro, minced trims 3 euro a kilo etc. etc. etc.

I've asked a few butchers and they all say the same thing "there's no butchering in it anymore son it all comes in like this" I don't know if it's because I'm not rural enough and everyone round here is a tart or what but I'm always on the hunt to get anything cheaper so I won't give up 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Never used to feed tripe got put off wi tripping over tons on it at hound kennels when I were young but after bill h said about it a lot gave it another go mixed wi me usual lamb throwts reckon it does um good

Young Bunard loves the stuff and seems to get full of himself after a bowl full running about attacking every toy he has 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Well that's good mate I wunt feed just tripe tho

I give him a mix of biscuits, tripe, mackerel, sardines, yoghurt and milk and then any left over meat from meals he seems to be happy and growing well 

IMG_1031.JPG

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Lowther said:

I give him a mix of biscuits, tripe, mackerel, sardines, yoghurt and milk and then any left over meat from meals he seems to be happy and growing well 

IMG_1031.JPG

He looks well mate that diet sounds ideal could do wi a few beans tho

• Haha 2
On 1/23/2018 at 12:11, slip lead said:

Orijen red or fish, with cooked chicken or beef mince.

Winter time orijen with raw beef mince.

Hey folks....bad news on Orijen, thought they could be trusted, but not looking good, check this out, lawsuits against them.

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/lawsuit-filed-against-champion-pet-food-acana-and-orijen/

Bums me out as I had my old stag on this for years.

Going back to raw on my young one.