whats the best food for lurchers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got divorced 

think whichever way you feed be it 100% meat , kibble or mix of both consistency is the key to it, how ever it pays to feed the very best consistent diet that you can afford

Lamb ribs and neck,sheep paunch and a lambs heart tonight.

Posted Images

no meds 

i was worried it was only my young lurcher who had it, then my spaniel got it then my lab.

i was gona give it one more day for the lurcher then start meds but he got better

they were eating a lot of roar venison but cant be sure what caused it

each dog had it for 2 -3 days and never lost there appetites the whole time

cheers Dan

• 2 weeks later...

The best melds fa control  and to keep gut bugs at bay his and will allways be grass fed green tripe straight from slaughter house. The good bacteria and probiotics that loaded in tripe crowds the bad bacteria out of the gut .this his a fact feed them the probiotics naturally tripe with on its own or a piece of flesh on the bone finest fodder, they need very little else just variety of flesh bone plus the tripe ,I can honestly say Ihave reared ran jukels on very little else and I hammered them day plus night. The odd stool a day maybe two sometimes none everything utilised in the snapp very little waste keep on the flesh and bone when fully adjusted y'all reap the benefits off natural diet. atb bunnys

26 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I throw away 30 whole racks of that  a week.shame

I would be sorting myself out a little side business ... you could sell that to pet food makers zoos etc .......

My lurcher and terriers are all raw fed - minced chicken, with some trips. Add grated veg or Apple and a small amount of mixer, for fibre. Supplemented with raw eggs once a week, meaty beef bones or lamb ribs.

No wastage, no runny mess to clear up and reasonably cheap !

• Like 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

There’s folk here but that off ye as much as ye can get in bulk mate, they sell it on then, look in Facebook it’s big business noo with all pet an fanny dogs getting put in barf, could make few quid if ye that way inclined?

I've had trouble getting tripe from my local place. They said people are now buying as much as they can to sell on and it goes straight away. It's doubled in price in the last year or so. Annoying because it is good quality and a nice chunky mince. They reckoned a woman had bought £1000 worth of tripe the week before! Shame about binning that breast of lamb, paying £2.80 / kg here.

• Like 1