Devon Minnow

Does anyone use hand lines

When needs must......caught a big rainbow in a little stream that flowed out of a trout farm.......couldn’t walk past it without having a go......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I once bought 4 crab lines for £2 from a car booter who never used them on holiday 😂

We went to flamingo land for a few days an took dogs an kids to beach an when we pulled up we was only family that didn’t have to go to shop for crabbing lines my missus had hobo lines in her handbag after catching trout in Pickering beck that morning an my kids caught a loads crabs an a wee tiny flat fish 😂they love em an they get took most places an I’m sure there’s a couple stored in compartment in boot of car 😂

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

We went to flamingo land for a few days an took dogs an kids to beach an when we pulled up we was only family that didn’t have to go to shop for crabbing lines my missus had hobo lines in her handbag after catching trout in Pickering beck that morning an my kids caught a loads crabs an a wee tiny flat fish 😂they love em an they get took most places an I’m sure there’s a couple stored in compartment in boot of car 😂

Somewhere I got couple of those BCB survival fishing kits ,only paid couple quid for them.they are quite good not like usual gimmicks.

Have a few different kinds mainly cuban yoyos:victory:, Murray reel from the USA cost an arm and a leg and a hobo reel not a massive fan, to small for my liking. Looking for a wooden rectangular kite one if anyone knows where you can get them, have them in USA but to expensive to import.:sorry:

Catching bream and mullet in Turkey on one.... Lads working in the hotel showed me the craic, walking out the dinner hall with crusty loafs under my arms lol, jobsworth waiter tried stopping me..... Told him I just payed 3 grand all inclusive, if I want to feed the fish I will😂chopsy cnut.... 

• Haha 2

Handlining in Eire is legal in saltwater, illegal in freshwater. My father used to handline for Conger and when I was young he caught a 20 pound Conger in Wicklow harbour on a handline. It was near 5 foot long and my Granny cooked it.

The tackle was a builders line and a six foot wire trace with 4 or 5 swivels on it and the hook was a shark hook. Can't remember the bait though.

• Like 6

I have a crabbing line here, that I use in the summer for something to do when on the beach. 

• Like 2