Does anyone use hand lines

On 08/05/2019 at 15:47, darrren said:

I got a few handlines.pulled fish out of places you wouldn't even think there were fish. This is the last fish I had on the handlines. Alot bigger than the photo shows. 

IMG_20190226_193528_098.jpg

Lovely looking brownie, bet that was fun to catch

• Like 1

the best bag of roach ive ever had came from a tiny river in Suffolk when I was working away, it was next to a malt factory!!

had some hooks in me bag and there was a spool of line free with an anglers mail or something so I tapped a napkin full of sweetcorn from the digs and had a bash,

if id had a phone at the time it would a cracking cover photo, must of had over a dozen all over 1lbd only stopped cos the rats were trying to nick me bait as it got darker:bad:

and no I didn't grow up poaching a private trout river with hand lines either!!:laugh:

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I bought some crab lines in a online sale ,The ones with hooks instead of the net bag ..The plan is to keep one in the car and if the girl friends running late on a  Friday I can slope off and fish off the shore up portland or Weymouth harbour if she’s hitting the shops ?Any ideas on a bait for  either crabs or fish  assuming the little bags shops sell would be ideal to keep in car and save time getting bait . 

Though as a kid dad hooked a sea trout at fowey with shellfish from The  rocks so there is that option . 

I’ve only ever bait fished with tackle shop bait rest time it was tinsel throwing for mackerel ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...