• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also got sent this from a keeper who’s shoot is local to ours whos camera trap got a photo of this weirdo in woman’s boots and suspenders walking through one of his woods!! Haha!!!

Blue tits and great tits seem to mistake the camera for a nest box and the lense as the entrance so expect a few more at this time of year, first time I,ve stumbled on this thread, I still don't have

Inner city muntie.........  

Posted Images

Not really trail cam pic, but taken with phone. Found these on a footpath beside a golf course. Looks like Charlie has been stealing ‘eggs’ from the golfers and burying them here lol

There was only 1 the other day, semi buried, so I didn’t think much of it . Now today there’s 2, semi buried, and one is well chewed.

B9905E74-7772-44CB-86E5-EBE925B518EA.jpeg

• Like 1
On 23 February 2018 at 18:26, rick12345 said:

Nosey neighbor 

28D6AD89-3E92-407C-B3F2-D62E77D2FE27.jpeg

On 23 February 2018 at 18:26, rick12345 said:

Nosey neighbor 

28D6AD89-3E92-407C-B3F2-D62E77D2FE27.jpeg

Blue tits and great tits seem to mistake the camera for a nest box and the lense as the entrance so expect a few more at this time of year, first time I,ve stumbled on this thread, I still don't have a way of uploading pics without taking a photo of my old laptop screen but here,s a nice little Roebuck I got a few days back, I,ve also found what appears to be a feral cat living in a sett with a fox, which is pretty cool, need to study the images a bit more but they both seem to go in and out the same one hole and though I have 5 cameras in the same area the cat only ever appears on the one by the sett the fox also appears to only have three legs I can stick a couple of grainie screen pics up if anyone,s interested and will attempt to get a direct link from laptop to here during my snow day cheers 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Just been and cleared all my cameras out from a patch of land I,ve been on for a few years after catching several engineer looking type men in there with clip boards etc have had some good stuff under here over a 2 year period and I,m sure I will move back one day but I,m moving to another area I,ve been studying for the last 12 months, just to give some ideal of the effort of becoming a camera trapper here are a few of my cameras and the amount of sd cards I get through, each card has anywere from 50 to a 1000 images on also some of the devices I,ve bought to try and upload the pictures none of them worked as they should have, easy to see why most people end up leaving the camera tied to a tree with flat battery,s or thrown in a drawer after the first couple of goes, and I have,nt even mentioned the mountain of AA battery,s  I would have used over the two years but here you go anyway 

image.jpg

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just been and cleared all my cameras out from a patch of land I,ve been on for a few years after catching several engineer looking type men in there with clip boards etc have had some good stuff under here over a 2 year period and I,m sure I will move back one day but I,m moving to another area I,ve been studying for the last 12 months, just to give some ideal of the effort of becoming a camera trapper here are a few of my cameras and the amount of sd cards I get through, each card has anywere from 50 to a 1000 images on also some of the devices I,ve bought to try and upload the pictures none of them worked as they should have, easy to see why most people end up leaving the camera tied to a tree with flat battery,s or thrown in a drawer after the first couple of goes, and I have,nt even mentioned the mountain of AA battery,s  I would have used over the two years but here you go anyway 

image.jpg

It gets quite time consuming going through all the images/videos doesn’t it

9 minutes ago, rick12345 said:

It gets quite time consuming going through all the images/videos doesn’t it

Especially for an illiterate, technophobic old fool like me, I probably have more footage than David Attenborough but am struggling to upload and share anything, it's now pissed me off enough that a few night classes and a new laptop are on the cards, but as you say can get a bit time consuming, I usually spend 2 days a week walking,  looking for animal signs and swapping battery,s and sd cards, mind you if I never had to earn a crust I,d happily be out doing it everyday 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

image.jpg

Have you found one make of trail cam outshines the other Greyman?

1 minute ago, ands said:

Have you found one make of trail cam outshines the other Greyman?

To be honest they all start to get a bit temperamental after a couple of years being left outside, the footage and trigger times certainly seems better on the more expensive models but finding people to service them and repair them is a big issue as most of the better models come from the states, so there is a good argument for using the cheaper ones and just binning them when they play up, if money was no problem I,d probably stick to Brownings or stealth cams, a lad on YouTube called Tim Harrell uses Brownings as he,s in the states and he seems to get excellent after sales service including free cams when his ended up under water during hurricane Catarina and Stealthcam give 50 percent off a new cam if you have an old broken one to trade in which is good but post and import duty,s make it a pain or me , I,m looking at getting a plot watcher pro next bit different from a normal trail cam but adds a new dimension as its a time lapse wide angle camera that just keeps taking pics every few seconds and lasts a couple of month,s on a set of battery,s they don't work in darkness but can be set to come on at dawn and dusk for a couple of hours check them out on YouTube if your interested I think they will be better in summer when foliage becomes a pain triggering trail cams and they will cover a hole field if set in a good vantage point cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2018 at 22:38, Jarvis said:

I also got sent this from a keeper who’s shoot is local to ours whos camera trap got a photo of this weirdo in woman’s boots and suspenders walking through one of his woods!! Haha!!!

8EA7E9CE-0307-4317-A748-C337B81799C3.jpeg

Ha ha, if you go down to the woods today be sure of a big surprise, good job he’s got that jacket on, he could catch his death if he was under dressed 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...