Fair weather shooters?

Not us! It was alternating between sleet and rain and heavy winds last night, and occasionally all at the same time, :icon_eek: but we managed to get out for a bit. The caller (previously known as the electronic fox repellant) was attracting a few foxes but not enticing them to come out into the open. We must have seen a dozen but they all seemed to make sure they had roads or houses behind them so we couldn't take the shot. 

Since my mate got his first fox last time he was out with me,  he was eager to follow it up with a second. 2 foxes in 2 outings for a newbie is pretty good going I think. Nice dog fox at about 150 yards, maybe even a bit further. :thumbs:

20180117_224123.thumb.jpg.7e8e3fed37eee8b83f9146bfc4eb4e36.jpg

I suppose that I could be classed as a fair weather shooter. Been out in all conditions. Fog waste of time. Cant see ten yards ! Sleet /snow  not much further. Frost, & ice, its just too cold. Been out and got covered in frost so when  we got back we looked like snowmen. And the fingernails felt like they were  peeling off. Rain, naah got soaked to the skin and frozen to the marrow. The rain obscured the vision to the target and I couldn't track it out across the plough. As time has gone by I don't feel the  need to endure all of these things. I'd much rather  stay indoors in the dry and warm and go out Charlie bashing on my terms. He'll be there tomorrow  unless you brave the elements and knock him down befoe I get him. I'll watch you home out of the warmth of inside.

Edited by Meece
Prèdictive text
4 hours ago, walshie said:

Not us! It was alternating between sleet and rain and heavy winds last night, and occasionally all at the same time, :icon_eek: but we managed to get out for a bit. The caller (previously known as the electronic fox repellant) was attracting a few foxes but not enticing them to come out into the open. We must have seen a dozen but they all seemed to make sure they had roads or houses behind them so we couldn't take the shot. 

Since my mate got his first fox last time he was out with me,  he was eager to follow it up with a second. 2 foxes in 2 outings for a newbie is pretty good going I think. Nice dog fox at about 150 yards, maybe even a bit further. :thumbs:

20180117_224123.thumb.jpg.7e8e3fed37eee8b83f9146bfc4eb4e36.jpg

cheers Dave , yet again another good night and a good bit of sport. 

Looking forward to the next outing. 

All the best mate. ?

(I WANT THAT ONE )

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:51, Meece said:

I suppose that I could be classed as a fair weather shooter. Been out in all conditions. Fog waste of time. Cant see ten yards ! Sleet /snow  not much further. Frost, & ice, its just too cold. Been out and got covered in frost so when  we got back we looked like snowmen. And the fingernails felt like they were  peeling off. Rain, naah got soaked to the skin and frozen to the marrow. The rain obscured the vision to the target and I couldn't track it out across the plough. As time has gone by I don't feel the  need to endure all of these things. I'd much rather  stay indoors in the dry and warm and go out Charlie bashing on my terms. He'll be there tomorrow  unless you brave the elements and knock him down befoe I get him. I'll watch you home out of the warmth of inside.

My sentiments entirely. :thumbs: . I find it difficult enough to shoot the b*ggers in the fine weather! :laugh:

Edited by Tremo