outdoor ferret hutches and design ideas.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what i got... works well. The only thing i paid for was the hutch £30. FF Only just seen post above was typing while it posted.

made out of pallets. I am no carpenter for sure lol. But two doors easy access end to end no bloody nooks or crannies I cant get too and easy to clean weighs a bloody ton and took 3 days but

That' mine afore a few coats of stain, all 3 are linked with a rope and a ramp but can be closed off to separate the hob come spring time

Posted Images

On 15/01/2018 at 09:15, terryd said:

made out of pallets. I am no carpenter for sure lol. But two doors easy access end to end no bloody nooks or crannies I cant get too and easy to clean

36735576711_4d24e869cb_k.jpg

weighs a bloody ton and took 3 days but good enough :)

Nice hutch mate, good ol pallets 

• Like 1
On 17/1/2018 at 18:36, jetro said:

Photo of item

That's identical to what I have. I have a couple of two-storey hutches too but the large henhouse is brilliant. I made a few adjustments like adding extra clasps top and bottom of the large meshed door. Also added a latch on either side of the flap door on the nest box as the dogs would be able to lift it open causing a potential ferret escape. I have it sitting on concrete slabs and have added pipes etc. 

• Like 1
On 1/18/2018 at 11:49, Jerry71 said:

Nice hutch mate, good ol pallets 

just got a load of  8x4 pallets been  delivered today. going to attempt something like this.

the 8x4 pallets are great good strong timber in them. need to make a hutch for four ferrets.

atb j

The area that overhangs is supposed to be a laying box for hens so is partitioned off from rest of the box area. That's where the ferrets choose to sleep and I just have it packed with wood shavings. It's been fine for several winters but I've never had less than about 5 ferrets in there, might be colder with only one or two in there. I had a Jill with 10 kits in there, moved them in at around 6 weeks old and they thrived in it for months.  I fitted a small platform for a food bowl but you could add something larger to take advantage of the height. 

IMG_8355.thumb.JPG.b3143ae01967a53628e9fe74d1bb5e36.JPGIMG_8358.thumb.JPG.962edd6aaf29c264fb2c4b8f05676a36.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • 6 years later...
On 21/01/2018 at 13:38, spudlington said:

The area that overhangs is supposed to be a laying box for hens so is partitioned off from rest of the box area. That's where the ferrets choose to sleep and I just have it packed with wood shavings. It's been fine for several winters but I've never had less than about 5 ferrets in there, might be colder with only one or two in there. I had a Jill with 10 kits in there, moved them in at around 6 weeks old and they thrived in it for months.  I fitted a small platform for a food bowl but you could add something larger to take advantage of the height. 

IMG_8355.thumb.JPG.b3143ae01967a53628e9fe74d1bb5e36.JPGIMG_8358.thumb.JPG.962edd6aaf29c264fb2c4b8f05676a36.JPG

How’re ye @spudlington,

I saw that you were selling ferrets a while back and was wondering if you breed/have any ferrets for sale.

If you do could you send a price list?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...