Why the f#*k are these not on the pest control list?

I watched a flock a seagulls on a field today munching away (what are they eating?)

Ive also seen them eat a duck chick, push a buzzard off a kill and harrass song birds.

Am i just picking on the seagull, i dont know, but they are a bird i really do not like. Almost arragant.

Rant over, what are your thoughts please

FF

• Like 7

I hate the things almost as much rats!

fecking screeching all hours of the dawn,

when I was kid it was just the small black head gulls in the countryside following the plough,an herring gulls down Devon/Cornwall when on holiday.

now the bloody great things are every where, can't believe the wingspan on them these days.

• Like 1

A lot of people do shoot the Common gull, I've seen farmers shooting them off the back of a tractor when they're plowing, pest control officers are shooting the eggs out of the nests in the towns to cut numbers down, they are pesky aggressive things I've had one snatch my dinner out of my hand I only had one bite as well,

• Like 2

They are 99% pain in the arse..........the 1% I have given them credit for is when you are on your hols in a static caravan or towable for that matter and your neighbour turns out to be an ar#@hole. Wait till they are in bed and gently chuck a broken up loaf on their roof and make sure your up early enough to watch thousands of them all over next doors roof?. From inside it sound like the great wilderbeast migration passing overhead??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

They are 99% pain in the arse..........the 1% I have given them credit for is when you are on your hols in a static caravan or towable for that matter and your neighbour turns out to be an ar#@hole. Wait till they are in bed and gently chuck a broken up loaf on their roof and make sure your up early enough to watch thousands of them all over next doors roof?. From inside it sound like the great wilderbeast migration passing overhead??

Good times ? My missus had trouble with a rowdy family partying all night down Cornwall so she got couple of the older lads to do it early one morning ?

• Like 2

Ive lived by a river all my life...

Common gull, black headed gull and the big old oyster gulls these are the massive ones like a 4-5 foot wing span.

My dad had a boat moored down the river and the amount of s#*t i had to scrape from the gunnels as a kid.

A building company has just put up about 60 houses up on the front and i took the kids down there for a walk. The amount a turd on the roofs is amazing, it looks like the bottles that have the candles in the top and the wax has ran down the bottle.

Totally agree with all of the above posts

FF

4 hours ago, mattwhite said:

An unopened bag of cornflakes is the best for that.

• Like 3

Complete pain in the arse they sit on the roof and scream at the dogs while there getting fed in the garden and if you leave there bones out there off with them , they don't even come up to there name sea they mostly live in the towns and cities scavenging 

From the general license, last updated 1st January 2018.........

Birds you can catch alive or kill with this licence
With this licence you can catch alive or kill:

crows
collared doves
jackdaws
jays
lesser black-backed gulls
magpies
pigeons (feral and woodpigeon)
rooks

2018-01-15-16-27-17-1815310207.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

From the general license, last updated 1st January 2018.........

Birds you can catch alive or kill with this licence
With this licence you can catch alive or kill:

crows
collared doves
jackdaws
jays
lesser black-backed gulls
magpies
pigeons (feral and woodpigeon)
rooks

2018-01-15-16-27-17-1815310207.jpeg

The GL for Wales also includes the Greater Black Backed and Herring Gull. Doesn't mean you can shoot them willy-nilly though. You have to abide by the conditions of the GL which are clearly stated on it.