Rifle lamp for my savage 223

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 18:47, Deker said:

What sort of distances?

Torches are taking over and getting better and better, so the odds are that will be the route, but some of the older type lamps still have the edge in distance!

a

Up to about 200 yds ish

On 2/8/2018 at 09:19, wilbur foxhound said:

A t67,3 mode torch from eBay you will get 2 batteries a charger and a clamp to put it on your scope all for 30-40 pound,and you will see a fox clear enough out to 250-300 yards even with a red torch,wf

Thanks I will check it out

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:19, wilbur foxhound said:

A t67,3 mode torch from eBay you will get 2 batteries a charger and a clamp to put it on your scope all for 30-40 pound,and you will see a fox clear enough out to 250-300 yards even with a red torch,wf

I'll give you that they are not bad, but you have better eyes than me if you can see well enough out to anywhere near 300 yards to take a shot with that!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, topscaff1 said:

a

Up to about 200 yds ish

PERSONALLY, I'd say that is about the max you can reach with any confidence with Torches today, others may well have better eyes than me, as apparently wilbur foxhound has, as above.  I know manufacturers state massive distances, but how far the beam will (may) reach, and at what distance you can still see clearly and confidently enough to take a shot are very different things!

Some of the "lamps" will go further.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

That will depend on your scope I would think

Like I said, if you can see with it fine, I shoot up to 1000 yards with my scopes, shooting at night is down to illumination/technology, not "MY" scopes!

My assortment of Night Vision equipment takes me way past 200 yards without problem, but I VERY seldom find any need to shoot further than that at night (actually almost any time in the field).

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1