Harris hawks and stoats

Big dode

Hi everyone was out today with my male harris hawk he was following on and he tucked his wings in and went across a pond through a wood in then wing over.I heard a scream i was expecting to see him on a rabbit once i got there he was sitting happily with his prize a stoat he had it under control with a foot around its head no bites,thank god so here comes the question how do u get rid off the smell my vest has got covered my new stanislav glove and telemetry case even the bird is stinking im sure im not the only one this has happened too ??

Regards george 

20180113_163458.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Iv had couple times mate an a real good mate of mine went to take a dead stoat off his terrier once an stoat come back to life an stoatily covered him in scent:rofl: we made him walk the few miles back instead a letting him in motor?? ferrets are same I remember as kitts 2 of ours were scrapping an my lad who was only about 6 had reared them an went to separate them an got squirted ? missus had poor wee fcuker in shower for days?

Its laughable now but still getting wiffs of it he better fly up wind of me tommorow ?

17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv had couple times mate an a real good mate of mine went to take a dead stoat off his terrier once an stoat come back to life an stoatily covered him in scent:rofl: we made him walk the few miles back instead a letting him in motor?? ferrets are same I remember as kitts 2 of ours were scrapping an my lad who was only about 6 had reared them an went to separate them an got squirted ? missus had poor wee fcuker in shower for days?

I’d have shot the terrier for not guzzling it right away,lol

• Haha 1

Good photo mate, catch is a catch no matter what mate, stoates and weasels have a good bite on them so it's good he got hold of head, years ago walking home from school we saw a cat come of worse trying to get a stoat, it was striking at cat and believe that cat couldn't wait to get away, for there size they pack a punch. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jerry71 said:

Good photo mate, catch is a catch no matter what mate, stoates and weasels have a good bite on them so it's good he got hold of head, years ago walking home from school we saw a cat come of worse trying to get a stoat, it was striking at cat and believe that cat couldn't wait to get away, for there size they pack a punch. 

I seen a magpie and a stoat fighting when I was a kid.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...