Monday TEA IN THE 50s

On a slight tangent, but re ‘the old days’ and cheaper cuts, I remember getting home from school one day and seeing in the fridge what I thought was a piece of some sort of chilled ice-cream bombe thing, like I’d seen at my friends house. (They had all sorts of wonderful things made by Birdseye, AND a Soda Stream).

No.... it was a wedge of cows udder. 

(I feel like we’ve had pork chops with kidney in fairly recently? Is this not a thing anymore and I’m misremembering?) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/03/2018 at 10:38, Flacko said:

My old man used to do us tripe & onions back in sixties tried my lot on it disaster 

pigs tails and trotters ,i used to love them . being from the black country grey pays  is a rare treat these days flacko

neck and breast of lamb stew,still remember the grease lol

You had what was given mate them days not much choice if your family on breadline potatoe picking with me mom at bridgenorth get on the lorry from Bilston big canvas sheet on us the good old days NOT lol atb Flacko 

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:15, Flacko said:

You had what was given mate them days not much choice if your family on breadline potatoe picking with me mom at bridgenorth get on the lorry from Bilston big canvas sheet on us the good old days NOT lol atb Flacko 

Absolutely, it wasn't until I'd joined up that you got a choice for your tea and a choice of pud.  I might have been in a room with 30 mates but I thought I'd made it in life.  Still its not like today where one of my daughters regularly cooks up to 4 different tea's for the kids.

I keep telling them, let me have the little darlings for a week or two and they'll go back good grubbers LOL

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Outofnowhere said:

Absolutely, it wasn't until I'd joined up that you got a choice for your tea and a choice of pud.  I might have been in a room with 30 mates but I thought I'd made it in life.  Still its not like today where one of my daughters regularly cooks up to 4 different tea's for the kids.

I keep telling them, let me have the little darlings for a week or two and they'll go back good grubbers LOL

Christ that would be a nightmare here , only time we do seperate meals is if me an missus fancy something spicy etc kids range from 4 - 19 get same meals just different sized portions .?