Feeding 8 week old pup

Pick my pup up in a couple of weeks, he will be 8 weeks old. The guy i'm getting him off is feeding the pups red mills at the minute. I plan to carry on with that. I will be to giving him meat also but would like to hear what people find best to give an 8 week old lurcher pup. And peoples methods. Cheers

High protein for pups thats essential for everything. Best litter of pups I ever saw was reared on australian formula puppy then at 12 months switched onto normal australian built like brick shit houses and all of them could shift. Meat was always fed wth it aswell just not too much. Red mills is allright but it' just what suits the dog at the end of the day I know someone who always use arkwrights and I'm not keen about that. It' each to there own when it comes to dogs mate

i always buy beta puppy for my pups and feed them that with every meal along with raw mince chicken and what ever else they will eat.  instead of raw mince chicken i mix table scraps with the beta puppy. its good to give a variation when young so as you have a good eating adult dog, fussy eaters can be hard work. 

• Like 1

Feed the dog 4 times a day and make sure it has clean water, rather than just having food on tap which you can do with an adult dog.

Don't feed it one type of food but try to give it scraps or other brands, cooked and raw meet, tined sardines, oats, wheetabix. It might have evil dumps for a few weeks but its worth having a dog that will eat anything.

If you give it raw meet remember E. coli

Puppies can thrive on any high calorie dog food. All puppy food is, is higher calorie dog food.

Don't forget as it grows running dogs need a prodigious amount of calcium. If it can stomach cheese milk etc that a great thing. 

And if a vet says the puppy is to think listen to them. It can be hard to get enough calories into a lurcher. 

At 8 weeks mine was fed 4 x a day as much as it could eat in one sitting,never leave food down for it to graze on so to speak early years I found it can cause fussy eater,as for what to feed I found the list of what not to feed a dog a lot shorter than what you can lol,variety is key I find,atb with it.

My whippet will eat most things but to much protein like chicken upsets his belly, so I try to give them tripe from pet shop and a dry biscuit mixed together, when ever my dogs are under the weather and not eating they always demolishe sardines, pilchards. What ever your pup as been eating make sure you get some and swap it to what suits your wallet. Good luck with your pup.