FAC Airgun

Hi all, 

Ive been using a BSA S10 for a while now on my permission for Rabbit control. 

Recently found out that its been signed off by Firearms for FAC Airgun use. In result ive now put in for my FAC as well as my existing Shotgun.

So ive now started looking around for what I'm going to buy but there seems to be loads available, and most I believe can be tuned up to 30-40 ftlb.

Anyway I thought I would throw the question out to the experienced one and ask for advice on what would be a decent gun (Nothing stupidly expensive) will want scope, moderator etc, to get. I doubt I will be wanting to replace it soon so something that will do me through n through.

Thanks in advance people.

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Short and simple, FX Impact .25, 47fpe or Rapid .22 30fpe. I have both and both are good but the FX is AMAZING.  Some people say FAC Air rifles are not worth the hassle of getting a ticket.......

Hi all,  Ive been using a BSA S10 for a while now on my permission for Rabbit control.  Recently found out that its been signed off by Firearms for FAC Airgun use. In result ive now put in f

My permission (Due to its location) has only been signed off for use with a FAC Airgun. If it was signed off for more I would get a bullet gun.   Cheers

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Not being funny but if you get your fac then get a rimmy

i know i would if i ever get mine lol

but some will be along soon to say why not

hope you find what your looking for any way

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My permission (Due to its location) has only been signed off for use with a FAC Airgun. If it was signed off for more I would get a bullet gun.

Cheers

• Like 1

Fair enough

cant argue with that

just wish i had been a good lad all them years ago lol

but the past has a habit of coming back and biting you :yes:

as i found out :laugh:

If i could of got mine i would not pick a air riflle back up

but its what im stuck with now :cray:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Whats your budget Baker and what would you say was stupidly expensive? 

I have land perhaps like yours in a way, signed off for a small cartridge, but the reason I have the land if due to the airgun use. The stealth I suppose, and the 'less risk'. 

I have thought about going for me ticket mind, but even though my land owners have the land for it, I dont see the reason for it. It perhaps would give me more confidence though, but I dont know how much Id use that extra 5 yards :D 

Do you have a shortlist? Id personally go the Rapid route. Or even the FX maybe. Then failing that, a DS... the cheapest being the first choice of course. But like the rest of the group has said, maybe its a good best to get your beeza up'd. 

Short and simple, FX Impact .25, 47fpe or Rapid .22 30fpe. I have both and both are good but the FX is AMAZING. 

Some people say FAC Air rifles are not worth the hassle of getting a ticket....................................well usually from those who have never used one for hunting.........................they are excellent hunting rifles capable of more than you might think.

Phil

• Like 2

The rapid and the s10 are both tried and tested fac rifles,not much to go wrong with either of them, and as already proven they stand the test of time.

if i was in your shoes I would be looking to get the s10 on ticket, cheapest option and you know the gun, if your already happy with it why change it ?

there are so many good fac guns out there it could be a minefild choosing one.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, tomburras said:

If you love your super 10 you could put it on ticket and turn it up, that's what I did. It only cost a £25 rfd fee to put it on my certificate and then turn the power up.

To be honest I did think about that but the only thing that made me lean against it was if I ever had to shoot somewhere without FAC approval then I wouldn’t have a air gun below 12flb. 

Still haven’t ruled it out though. 

2 hours ago, Metalman2 said:

FAC Air has it's uses with elevated shots. I use one in the woods where i don't want 40 gr of lead flying about. A good Rapid is solid but i find heavy after a while. Currently use R10, but .25 Impact keeps winking at me

Pity you are so far away, otherwise you could have tried my Impact out and believe me that would put a smile on your dial matey.

Phil