Wild boar bit mans fingertip off

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The likes of that video is a lot of what's wrong with fieldsports nowadays. By calling that sport it makes people think that's what sport is. Nowadays lads think infra-red, night vision, electric call

Nothing a bottle of lucozade won't fix

good job he wasnt having a piss  . could have bit his todger off.

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Chaff said:

When I asked my kiwi mate what dogs best for pig hunting his reply was any medium sized mutt from the pound.

Imagine a high percentage jack

and yet they reckon  them black german terriers   are real good on them , they hold the boar , god knows how they do that then  a boar will toss a 80-100 lb dog in the the air like a feckin feather   deff :yes:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think there is some Royal Forest of Dean shit that stops residents hunting, someone else will fill you in on that but I do know of a few boys that have a few over there, another mate has just had his ticket changed so he can get a 303 as he,s getting more calls about pigs year on year and we are on  the other side of the Severn, 

It's forestry commission land so they get to cull then sell like the venison,once they get out on the farmland then it's different lol

i still reckon the foc had something to do with it,tourist attraction to bring revenue to area and they don't have to feed them, shoot them then sell the carcass,100 percent profit.

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It's forestry commission land so they get to cull then sell like the venison,once they get out on the farmland then it's different lol

i still reckon the foc had something to do with it,tourist attraction to bring revenue to area and they don't have to feed them, shoot them then sell the carcass,100 percent profit.

I think a few are being deliberately moved around I have found signs of them in Leigh woods, which is really close to the city and full of people but would be hard for them to reach as it has motorways and rivers all around it, the farmer on one of my camera sites was called out over Christmas by the police as they,d had six reports of big black hairy pigs crossing the road near him,  so I think they are being moved about, another possible and interesting thing about pigs is if you release a normal pink porker into the wild they slowly grow hair and tusks and revert to there natural state, like most of the ones in the states which are feral hogs as apposed to proper wild boar, I,m quite looking forward to my first encounter certainly get the heart racing, 

• Like 1

Is it not true that there is a bit of difference between a Hog and a Boar? I mean, most these Yank, Aussie and Kiwi hog doggers are hunting feral hogs right, domestic breeds of pig that went feral years ago and have bred sustainable in the wild since. Are they really the same animal as a European Wild Boar? The sort of animal you'll find in Germany etc.

I see a lot of videos of Yank/Aus/Kiwi hog doggers making light work of a pig. I don't see many videos of the Europeans doing the same with one of their pigs.

• Like 3

The French hog hunt most weekends in the rural parts, it's a village tradition I think it's lovely how the village all turn out for the hunt and then share out the meat, dogs just bay them and they get popped with a solid ball in a shotgun, Germans hunt them a lot with big bull types but they wear quite a lot of armour and have gps tracking on as well, sooner they get right out of hand sooner they will have to let us get at them with everything including dogs might be just what we need a few of bgd,s mates eaten by pigs to bring the world back to its senses 

47 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Is it not true that there is a bit of difference between a Hog and a Boar? I mean, most these Yank, Aussie and Kiwi hog doggers are hunting feral hogs right, domestic breeds of pig that went feral years ago and have bred sustainable in the wild since. Are they really the same animal as a European Wild Boar? The sort of animal you'll find in Germany etc.

I see a lot of videos of Yank/Aus/Kiwi hog doggers making light work of a pig. I don't see many videos of the Europeans doing the same with one of their pigs.

Heard the kiwi pigs referred to ask captain cookers.

42 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Their feral hogs are domestic types that like greyman said get hairier,

but to confuse matters  people did import Russian wild boar for their size and some of them have escaped the shooting ranches,they are squat more in shape,more powerful,and have longer snouts .

10 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

When i was in hk many years back i used to deep into the hilly country parks,saw barking deer,and hogs,locals never believed me...now them hogs are running wild in towns.

I know just how you must have felt mate no one believes me either . ?

• Haha 6

we have a major issue over here with wild boars.

i have been hunting them for over six years now with mixed results.

a couple of instances have stood out

came across a couple of 3 month olds feeding,mate dropped one and i smacked another in the front shoulder @ 50 yds with 223

it gets up and does a runner,so i plug it again in the back leg,keeps running,so i plug it again and hit the other rear leg.damn thing is still

trying to get away on one leg.i catch up to it to finish it off and the fckr turns on me to bite me. done head shot.

second one was,i was 60 yds away from a bait, waiting for the pigs to turn up and a sow with babies rocks in.

plugged her perfectly in the head with BST 223,down she goes,feet up doing the death curl.

she then flips herself up shakes her head and fcks off in the bush.never found her.

i no longer use BST 223's on pigs.its 7.62x39's or 308.

another one 

i was going through a frozen swampy bush looking for pig trails without a rifle.i stumbled across 8 pig beds

which were made out of bullrushes,these beds are huge 4 feet across and foot deep.they were all in a circle.

the problem i had was these were in thick cover and you couldnt see no more than 10 yards.

i poohed it a bit.........never ever went back in there without a rifle and safety off,ready.

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1

In my ammo box from trips to Welsh wales after the beastys <no joy :cray:>are some FED shock 180gr .308 waiting for a chance ,now there in my area .Back in the 80,s in Germany seen shetland pony sized tuskers in Hohne and Sennelager training areas so im afraid .223 is a no no be like a wasp sting to them demented snarling critters.

• Like 1