HW97KT- who&where for tune

Do it your self and save your self some wonga

the 97 is easy to tune and polish

if you get stuck gis a shout or Si brown or Charlie caller

honest mate it so easy to do

plus there are plenty of tuning vids of the 97 on utube

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks, what’s the difference between doing it yourself and a gun smith tune. Do they just polish everything? 

I played around with an old theoben sirocco last time and I just used various wet n drys all over. That worked out well but that’s an old rammer and was fairly simple and only owing me £150 I didn’t mind taking the chance. Trigger was a royal pain though! 

• Like 1

Fitted a Welsh willy kit to mine ,easy to do and as Mac said you tube is awash with how to video,s .I watched "Hunter,s Vermin tune his 97kt .There,s lots of kits to choose as well .Tinbum kits off e-bay ,Vortek ,or the basic buy a Delrin guide kit £20 /A new Titan mainspring and D.I.Y .

Anyone that doesnt own 2 left hands or ten thumbs can do it ,some nice very fine grade polishing cloth/emery or wet n dry and the grease/lube well everyone has a preference but you cant go wrong if you can watch a video and copy what they do.

If u buy a kit all the main providers are so helpful and only a phonecall away atb and good luck

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Fitted a Welsh willy kit to mine ,easy to do and as Mac said you tube is awash with how to video,s .I watched "Hunter,s Vermin tune his 97kt .There,s lots of kits to choose as well .Tinbum kits off e-bay ,Vortek ,or the basic buy a Delrin guide kit £20 /A new Titan mainspring and D.I.Y .

Anyone that doesnt own 2 left hands or ten thumbs can do it ,some nice very fine grade polishing cloth/emery or wet n dry and the grease/lube well everyone has a preference but you cant go wrong if you can watch a video and copy what they do.

If u buy a kit all the main providers are so helpful and only a phonecall away atb and good luck

Thanks guys, I’ll just man up and do it ?. It’s brand new but it’s quite twangy so I know it could be smoother. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pete123 said:

Thanks guys, I’ll just man up and do it ?. It’s brand new but it’s quite twangy so I know it could be smoother. 

If its new like you say it is then chances are it will need a de,grease and re,grease on the spring

as BC says loads of kits to choose from welsh willy,,tbt,,v,mach and so on

and give the barrel a clean as well with some pull through,s most hw rifles have the crap in them from the factory 

when new a degrease of the spring and the barrel will

1,stop twang (spring

2, improve accuracy ,,(barrel)

polishing will reduce the recoil and cocking will be smooth with no noise just the click when it locks into place

and the dif between your self and a rfd or the likes is about £150+ parts

• Like 2
On 10/01/2018 at 17:38, bigmac 97kt said:

Do it your self and save your self some wonga

the 97 is easy to tune and polish

if you get stuck gis a shout or Si brown or Charlie caller

honest mate it so easy to do

plus there are plenty of tuning vids of the 97 on utube

Fettle!??

On 10/01/2018 at 19:57, pete123 said:

Thanks, what’s the difference between doing it yourself and a gun smith tune. Do they just polish everything? 

I played around with an old theoben sirocco last time and I just used various wet n drys all over. That worked out well but that’s an old rammer and was fairly simple and only owing me £150 I didn’t mind taking the chance. Trigger was a royal pain though! 

The difference is

DIY= strip it down,de- grease ,remove all manufactured burrs,if metal guide & top hat,replace with plastic/ Delrin guides  & top hat,polish all internally but don’t be to particular with piston,if ribbed ??

this is to stop the grease/ paste, from migrating forward to the piston.

breech seal replacement/piston seal / bearings?

if competent enough

strip trigger de-grease, polish sears/ adjust pivot pins,( personal preference) 

there is a little trick I perform with the TX trigger, which will remain mine/ fettle

reassembly .

how ever if you have a lathe handy ??????

if in doubt ,and you own a TX ,get in touch with Tony Leach 

However and any thing else,that the below come up with ???

• Like 1

Good advice on the chrono, the Vortek kits and seals are the mutts nuts, but do keep a close eye on ftlb matey, if you want any advice you are welcome to pm me mate, I have got my own formula/method of re lubing springers, and as one or two gentelmen on here will attest to, it works rather well:thumbs:

• Like 1