Come and have a go if you like.... yes it's miles ahead majority of springers. But miles below a 97 77 or 80. I zerod it with Tony himself. He says that's how they are in .177. I was total deverstated and he knew it. 

Suppose it's down to what your used to. I'm used to stage 2 97s etc. A dream to shoot so smooth no recoil pcp like Lazer accuracy. 5p groups at 50m easy.  95k in .177 is deff not that

Edited by johonawhitness

2 hours ago, johonawhitness said:

Come and have a go if you like.... yes it's miles ahead majority of springers. But miles below a 97 77 or 80. I zerod it with Tony himself. He says that's how they are in .177. I was total deverstated and he knew it. 

Suppose it's down to what your used to. I'm used to stage 2 97s etc. A dream to shoot so smooth no recoil pcp like Lazer accuracy. 5p groups at 50m easy.  95k in .177 is deff not that

I'm inclined to disagree with you mukka. 

I persoanlly think it's down to the shooter. I have no question you can do that with your 97, but the same can be said of someone that shoots the smaller caliber etc. most of the time. 

i reckon on a good day, when they come around, I can get my 98 grouping that at 50. That's .177, I hate to admit :) it's only doing 10'ish FPE though. So moves very little.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:11, johonawhitness said:

have to agree with you to a point.i have a 177 sfs 95 and a 22 95 untuned-i get 5p groups out to 45yds if ido my part but its not as smooth as the sfs 95 but is more accurate at the moment.i,m still trying different things like more weight in the hw moderator/heavier low mounted scope etc so lots to do yet but im confident when i use my 22 95-yet to get that with the my 177 95.

Edited by dearne75
  • Like 1

Turning out to be a very interesting post this is. :hmm:

A .177 spring rifle naturally takes more internal energy to send a pellet on it`s way at as near to the limit than a .22 rifle.

A .22 recoil is usually easier than a .177 as less energy is required to achieve the limit.

I have both .177 and .22 rifles, exactly the same in every way, just different calibres. - FWB Sport 124 and 127.

The shot cycle is completely different between them, the .177 being harder to cock and much more recoil. ( 40+ yr old rifles mind)

The .177 is more demanding of me but lazer accurate if my marksmanship is on song, as is the .22.

One .177 rifle I have owned, was incredibly smooth to shoot, was the Walther Master Pro.- ( I hear that rifle is having problems though)

The tuned TX 200 HC MK3 .177 I own, is incredibly accurate and smooth to shoot - by far the best of the AA stable  ( sorry Mac couldn`t resist) :p

• Like 2