Advice on Food

1 minute ago, TerrierKie said:

He has 1 1-2 cups twice a day cut him down to a cup twice a day now mate 

Keep an eye on him mate  if you cut his food only do it bit at a time . Some dogs go difremt on different foods.ive had some dogs put weight on stupidly quick from certain biscuits..can you get hold of chicken carcass ? If you can get hold of chicken carcass try feeding buscuits one day carcass the next...play about with his food abit see what happens. My old red staff he could eat like a horse but was always in top condition his daughter on the other hand was hard to keep weight off she was a fat cow 

4 minutes ago, TerrierKie said:

Cheers mate had him at 44lbs in the past which I thought was a good size hopefully get back to that 

564188F3-E8D4-4375-8173-071D6A860B8B.jpeg

He looks in fine shape there mate .if it’s just general mooching bout bit of hunting hedgerows and stick piles I wouldn’t worry about getting him to a certain weight . Just keep him fit and health 

2 minutes ago, Navek said:

He looks in fine shape there mate .if it’s just general mooching bout bit of hunting hedgerows and stick piles I wouldn’t worry about getting him to a certain weight . Just keep him fit and health 

That was at 44lbs and he usually comes mooching tbf mate power little dog & I feed my 2 Presa Canario’s & Black Terrier on carcasses done them the world of good mate and free which is a bonus but I’ll try and mix his food up abit cheers for the advice 

Atb

33 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Dog looks in fine shape to me.

i agree, just need a bit of road work to condition his muscles and he would look good. doesn't need to lose to much weight, hes got some good bone on him.  

• Like 1
Just now, boland said:

i agree, just need a bit of road work to condition his muscles and he would look good. doesn't need to lose to much weight, hes got some good bone on him.  

Cheers mate most his walks are road walks unless he’s out mooching

hes a solid dog think he’s about 19tts