I need  to buy a small  Air gun similar to a Rat stopper ??? it has to be spot on and able to kill Rabbits at  15/20 yards , 177  would be my i choice and it can be new or second hand  what should i be looking at ?

Brocock skeleton stock - was it the Brocock elite super 6 ?

The accuracy obtainable from these is astounding Mickey right out to 50 yds if required.

Only 28 shots though on a 180 bar sweet spot.

A favourite for ratting work is the good old BSA Ultra SE.

Good luck with your choices :thumbs:

54 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Or go bsa scorpion t10

better shot count and just as good

im getting another at some point

not mentioned much any more is the t10

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

very true but not many for sale 

Thanks for the replies  but i need something small like the Crossman Ratcatcher or similar, no spring or air bottle ,it just needs to be able to kill rabbits out to  15/20 yards ,a conventional air rifle would be no good in this instance. 

On 07/01/2018 at 14:54, micky said:

Thanks for the replies  but i need something small like the Crossman Ratcatcher or similar, no spring or air bottle ,it just needs to be able to kill rabbits out to  15/20 yards ,a conventional air rifle would be no good in this instance. 

My Ratcatcher is zeroed to 15 yards (the length of my garden but that's pure coincidence ! :whistling:). I put AA Diablo Hunter through it for short range squirrels, rats and the occasional rabbit.........and it delivers sufficient wallop to do the job in one hit !

It was made to do a specific job, so that's what I use it for..................

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

My Ratcatcher is zeroed to 15 yards (the length of my garden but that's pure coincidence ! :whistling:). I put AA Diablo Hunter through it for short range squirrels, rats and the occasional rabbit.........and it delivers sufficient wallop to do the job in one hit !

It was made to do a specific job, so that's what I use it for..................

do they do a 177 in that make

Micky

I don't know if you use facebook but there's several groups on there that only deal with the 22** range of Crosman's, Ratcatcher, Rabbitstopper etc, they rework the Ratties to get the power up to respectable (But legal) outputs as they come from the factory set quite a bit lower than the legal limit, You get a few less shots but the stopping power is better :thumbs:

Here's two that I had, I still have the longer black one but the silver polished one went in a trade for an 'As New' BSA Airsporter mk6 :thumbs:

wmYLgQt.jpg

Both had better breeches than they came from the factory with, Proper eye relief for scope users comes from the replacement breeches as the scope can be mounted directly to the dovetail on the breech rather than having pro blox fitted to the barrel and needing a Giraffe neck to be able to get close enough to the ocular bell!

The top one has a 24" barrel from a 2260 Rabbitstopper fitted but it's a bit unwieldly so i'll swap back tio the orignal barrel..

Good luck with your quest, I really would recommend getting a Rattie (XL maybe) with a steel breech, It's so much better to use when you're not craneing your neck to get a sight picture through a scope that's too far for'ard!!;)

By the way, If you do buy new or standard, The gun will most likely only be doing 8-9ft lbs :cray:

John :)

If it's any use to you Micky. I can ask the chap I sold my lads to, if he wants to part with it. He doesn't use it. 

All fecked about with and fettled into something resembling ok. 

Cheap as chips