The completed new book.

I just thought i'd tell any people who are interested in books. I've been back to the Bindery earlier today with another 2 books for certain repairs and alterations. One book is by BB Denys Watkins-Pitchford of which a repair to the spine will be attended to , and also certain endpapers removed with new ones added. 

Also a book on "The Golden Eagle" will have new marbled boards, new endpapers with green quarter leather. Both books will again be somewhat transformed. Of course it is better to leave books in their original bindings, however, if a book is so damaged then one can pick a fine-leather binding to one's own choice or particular style. The finished books will be shown at a somewhat later date.             Regards, Lutra.....

• Like 3
On 12/01/2018 at 17:55, Lutra Lutra said:

I just thought i'd tell any people who are interested in books. I've been back to the Bindery earlier today with another 2 books for certain repairs and alterations. One book is by BB Denys Watkins-Pitchford of which a repair to the spine will be attended to , and also certain endpapers removed with new ones added. 

Also a book on "The Golden Eagle" will have new marbled boards, new endpapers with green quarter leather. Both books will again be somewhat transformed. Of course it is better to leave books in their original bindings, however, if a book is so damaged then one can pick a fine-leather binding to one's own choice or particular style. The finished books will be shown at a somewhat later date.             Regards, Lutra.....

"I could quote many a saying by the minds of some great people, and also by some of the great minds i've had the fortunate pleasure of which to meet. However, I don't wish to do so. Also however, i've met some Terrier men and Lurcher men who perhaps didn't have the highest of education, but on that saying some of them had the astute ability to assess certain situations with the greatest of accuracy."They also possessed the sharpest ability to get out of  certain unfortunate situations of when confronted from the( Bobbies) with the large hats upon their heads!

52 minutes ago, Lutra Lutra said:

"I could quote many a saying by the minds of some great people, and also by some of the great minds i've had the fortunate pleasure of which to meet. However, I don't wish to do so. Also however, i've met some Terrier men and Lurcher men who perhaps didn't have the highest of education, but on that saying some of them had the astute ability to assess certain situations with the greatest of accuracy."They also possessed the sharpest ability to get out of  certain unfortunate situations of when confronted from the( Bobbies) with the large hats upon their heads!

Is that a posh way of saying they knew when it was time to  f**k OFF QUICK .

• Like 1

The One, it is always accepted that amongst book collectors that the book has their original bindings, original wraps etc. However, the book was found at the right price and needed  a total overall so to speak. Plus it was a book for my own personal needs. However, once again i'm pretty certain in that even a book like this could be sold at a profit to the right customer.

Edited by Lutra Lutra
Incorrect wording
3 minutes ago, Lutra Lutra said:

The One, it is always accepted that amongst book collectors that the book has their original bindings, original wraps etc. However, the book was found at the right price and needed  a total overall so to speak. Plus it was a book for my own personal needs. However, once again i'm pretty certain in that even a book like this could be sold at a profit to the right customer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 00:01, Lutra Lutra said:

It's a good book and one that was worth saving,i have the same book and nice one lutra for giving it a chance of being around for many more years...

• Like 1