Jeff Burrell - disgusting (allegedly)

• 2 years later...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be a dealer in dogs, you need to have a certain mindset... I remember a commercial breeder once telling me,.."You would never be any good at it, Phil,..you ask the buyer, too many questions"

Fella is still talking to Jeff on the phone 

Bosun,.. You are not alone in taking a fancy towards that old style lurcher type..?. Back in the day, I had a useful lurcher bitch, name of Mercedes... I had some great times, both day and n

Posted Images

I went and bought a pup a few days ago. I've been looking for a certain 'type' of lurcher for some weeks. I'm perfectly happy with him even if I did have to bath him as soon as I got him home. Yes the yard and kennels stunk to high heavens, yes he gave me a false address, yes the house windows had been boarded up, yes, he lied about his phone number. Yes he liked to talk, but so do I. Yes he spun me patter but frankly I just disregarded most of it as I work on the principle that my old Dad taught me which is "if someone wants your money, disregard anything they tell you about the thing they want you to buy". The dam was with the pups. 
The pup I have is healthy and lively and learns *fast*. Within 24 hours, he knows 'sit', 'down' and 'paw'.  
Frankly I don't care how the man lives if he treats his animals well.
I must admit that as an ex breeder, I'd be a bit concerned if I still had 5 pups left at over 9 weeks old, but that's not my business.
Unless you know the man, have met the man or been to his property then it's not fair to slag him off.
In the end I  paid £500 for him, which was more than I wanted to pay for a pup, but since it was the only litter of the type I was looking for within a 50 miles radius of me so I was happy. Now the dog might be sneered at by some, he will never be hunted, but if he does what *I* want him to do, then I'm happy.

36 minutes ago, dytkos said:

He will never be hunted. Fair play fella enjoy your dog, be easier to go to the pound.

Cheers, D.

Just what i was thinking, could of gone an rescued sommat.

And there's no sadder sight than a lurcher denied it's true instincts...

8 hours ago, fenny said:

I went and bought a pup a few days ago. I've been looking for a certain 'type' of lurcher for some weeks. I'm perfectly happy with him even if I did have to bath him as soon as I got him home. Yes the yard and kennels stunk to high heavens, yes he gave me a false address, yes the house windows had been boarded up, yes, he lied about his phone number. Yes he liked to talk, but so do I. Yes he spun me patter but frankly I just disregarded most of it as I work on the principle that my old Dad taught me which is "if someone wants your money, disregard anything they tell you about the thing they want you to buy". The dam was with the pups. 
The pup I have is healthy and lively and learns *fast*. Within 24 hours, he knows 'sit', 'down' and 'paw'.  
I must admit that as an ex breeder, I'd be a bit concerned if I still had 5 pups left at over 9 weeks old, but that's not my business.
Unless you know the man, have met the man or been to his property then it's not fair to slag him off.
In the end I  paid £500 for him, which was more than I wanted to pay for a pup, but since it was the only litter of the type I was looking for within a 50 miles radius of me so I was happy. Now the dog might be sneered at by some, he will never be hunted, but if he does what *I* want him to do, then I'm happy.

The one I got my son adapted to everything you learned him as if he was a natural at the game.enjoy him mate f**k what everyone says on here as if they seen my sons dog work they wouldn’t be crabbing the man.

8 hours ago, fenny said:

Why would you need a certain type of lurcher  if your never going to allow it to do what it's bred to do .

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

True bosun there's a cracking pup  few doors down never be worked or is hardly walked I have offered good money for this bold youngster decent parents as well as I know the lad that bred her what a waste 

• Sad 1
23 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Boy I worked with had a saluki greyhound walks it on a harness it’s never had a run you can see in this dogs eyes it’s depressed  I mentioned taking him for a spin.... Christ you’d a thought I asked him to use shoite as toothpaste it a sad sight a running dog denied to run 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
46 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

True bosun there's a cracking pup  few doors down never be worked or is hardly walked I have offered good money for this bold youngster decent parents as well as I know the lad that bred her what a waste 

How's that young lad near you getting on bosun I met him and showed him a few spots didn't he move abroad China or that way nice kid with a decent runner I forget his name on here 

34 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

How's that young lad near you getting on bosun I met him and showed him a few spots didn't he move abroad China or that way nice kid with a decent runner I forget his name on here 

Posh paddy 

• Like 1