Whippet v lurcher

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter how old the shivery thin skinned whining fukcing thing is it will never match up to a decent lurcher ......

A 12 month old dog is just learning what it has to do.  "Testing" should come when they are accomplished in their trade . Imho  If you mean trying it out fair enough ,but testing ,as in push

Depends on the ground and how fit it is and what its done ferreting etc but socks is your man on whippets he will put you right on anything about them there is field of expertise 

Posted Images

A 12 month old dog is just learning what it has to do.

"Testing" should come when they are accomplished in their trade . Imho

If you mean trying it out fair enough ,but testing ,as in pushing to see what the dog has in the heart ,should come a fair bit later than 12 months. Keep it winning 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, green dragon said:

how do,, you lot think a whippet would compare to a lurcher on the lamp?

A FEW YEARS AGO, I RAN A COUPLE OF GOOD STRONG WHIPPETS,THAT I GOT FROM AN IRISH LAD THAT I KNEW WELL, DONT GET ME WRONG THESE WHIPPETS WERE BRILLIANT IN DAY TIME, EXCELLENT FERRETING DOGS,REALLY GOOD HUNTING AND BUSHING SKILLS AND A PLEASURE TO LIVE WITH, BUT AS FOR WORKING THE LAMP NO ARSE OR STAMINA IN THEM,THEY WERE GAME ENOUGH AND LIGHTNING QUICK,BUT LONG AND FAST RUNS IN LARGHISH FIELDS LEFT THEM KNACKERED, ADOZEN RUNS BETWEEN THEM USUALLY SEEN ABOUT 6 RABBITS.SPRINTERS NOT THE STAMINA OF A GOOD WORKING LURCHER, YES I WOULD HAVE ANOTHER WHIPPET IF I WAS JUST ADAY TIME HUNTER,AND WANTED A DOG TO CATCH ONE FOR THE POT,THEY CANT BE BEATEN, JUST MY EXPERIENCE AND WORKING  WHIPPETS STILL HAS AN IMPORTANT PART IN THE HUNTING WORLD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1