Mooch on Dartmoor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally managed to get out for a walk up Dartmoor with sniffer boy today. It’s been a while and a well overdue catch up with some of the lads. Weather was a bit patchy but well worth the walk. Only on

Proper killer! Lol  

What he needs is a dog like yours ken, runs the flint every day and never gets cut. Super dog lol 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Proper killer! Lol

IMG_2371.PNG

looks great day out lads, on my walk where i go, it common ground , and get lot of dog walkers , but it still not bad walk. there couple of the dog walkers got  dachshund's  , the one couple got one like yours but there bit over the top with, got little coat on it , and they not keen on other dogs going up to it, now the other couple  its a big rough  haired  male dog, and it brill, loves my dogs it loves Buck, it goes in the woods with him  mooching  lol . i like him alot real nice dog, w hen they play on the field , Buck lays down  and this  dog jumps all over his head  :laugh:  it great to seem they play like this,  i don't take me phone   norm as keep my pics to me self when Buck hunting/mooching, but i might take it   be great if i bumped into  this dog again and owners :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

Looks a good walk that where abouts on Dartmoor? I live on the edge of Dartmoor Princetown offers up some good walks with the dogs not much game but good walks 

Up on the north moor near meldon. You got some decent areas down your end though ?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, white van man said:

No mate that’s the dam. Pup didn’t come out with us that day. I have seen a few of the litter that Danny bred from her. They have turned out real crackers. 

Really good to hear. The Sire to the pups is unfortunately no longer with us.

12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Really good to hear. The Sire to the pups is unfortunately no longer with us.

Heard a lot about him. Well he’s certainly passed some of it down. One of the dog pups is supposed to be a cracker. Will hopefully get out with him soon. 

Just now, white van man said:

Heard a lot about him. Well he’s certainly passed some of it down. One of the dog pups is supposed to be a cracker. Will hopefully get out with him soon. 

Aye well I can hand on heart say I didn't expect him to do what he managed to in his life. He caught every quarry I tried him on. 

He was however a massive liability at times, and had a desire to hunt and kill like no other dog I've owned. He was very much his own animal and if he didn't want to go hunting with you or whoever was there he'd just go and do his own thing. He was an embarrassing knob at times.

I wanted to strangle him many many times, and i'm not sure if I could have him again I would.

But he was the best whippet I've ever seen. And he caught stuff for me on all types of ground, all over the U.K, and lots of it. He never once backed down or chucked the towel in and by the time he retired, was like franken-whippet, he had some many scars and had been in for so many operations due to shear bloody mindedness.

Most fun I've ever had with a dog :thumbs:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye well I can hand on heart say I didn't expect him to do what he managed to in his life. He caught every quarry I tried him on. 

He was however a massive liability at times, and had a desire to hunt and kill like no other dog I've owned. He was very much his own animal and if he didn't want to go hunting with you or whoever was there he'd just go and do his own thing. He was an embarrassing knob at times.

I wanted to strangle him many many times, and i'm not sure if I could have him again I would.

But he was the best whippet I've ever seen. And he caught stuff for me on all types of ground, all over the U.K, and lots of it. He never once backed down or chucked the towel in and by the time he retired, was like franken-whippet, he had some many scars and had been in for so many operations due to shear bloody mindedness.

Heard a fair bit about him Jai, particularly from Johnnyboy who said pretty much exactly what you've just written...

there are some nice pups out of that litter, hopefully they keep a bit of that blood going on...

hope you're well mate

atb

kev

15 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

But did he shiver 

• 2 weeks later...