teaching jumping

bringing on a pup, shes 6month and has not problem jumping. god only know how but she managed to scrabble up a 5ft brick wall the other day 

i was out fishing with her and i left her one side of the wall while i lifted my stuff over i think she thouight i was leaving her behind haha.

but thats the problem she doesnt jump and clear things she just jumps to the top of them and pushes off.

shes probably learnt it from the terrier cos she copies everything. also i probably made the problem myself cos instead of building a little barrier as a pup i just had her jump reasonable sized objects for her size now she knows easiest way over is to scrabble or put her feet and push off the top she nearly got caught up in a fence the other day cos of that.

any ideas? 

iv still got the baby gate from when she was a baby she can clear it now.

do i get her to jump it and only praise when she clears it?

few pics o the dog too

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

Dogs especially pups do copy a hell of a lot off each other.including bad habits.

Do some jumping work over a small hedgerow black thorn etc.were she can't get a solid base for her back legs.and she won't be able to scramble up a hedge.

She will soon realise that clearing and obstacle is the way to go.

Mine only have to see the rizzos and they start beying ... clever as fork . I'm genuinely series .. . Soon as sit down to skin up ... my neighbours have rang on 2 or 3 times while we were  out. Saying your big dog is running up down road .and every time she jumped gate back in soon as neighbour tried catch her... not done it in long time now .... I put  it down she gets daily walks and has no interest in trying to escape ha ha ... when she was a pup and was only starting in fields I left her at every fence /gate/ ditch ..and continuing walking as if I was leaving her behind she Copt on soon enough  basic ly putting obstacles for her to overcome learn her strides  and timing ......best of luck 

Edited by delboy_187

Nothing wrong with pushing off it gives the dog a chance to decide where its going to land the other side and more control and slower. Had a few that all ways jumped barbed wire like that. Could all ways slip and get hung up. Better than jumping full whack and miss judging but jumping in any fashion can go tits. Present dog rarely jumps unless his after some thing and then he will jump double fences and all sorts with out a thought. Rather he didn't