My first pcp HW100S

Afternoon lads

First post over on this side of the forum so here goes,  it's been a long while since I last owned an air rifle, 1978 to be exact and it was a lovely brand new bsa airsporter .22 calibre bought new from Linley Bros  in Leeds (which has now sadly gone out of business ). 

Now almost 40 years on and having recently retired i have ,for the past couple of months or so , been seriously looking around for another air rifle, i did a good bit of research on the different types, models ,and manufacturers available and decided to go down the second hand route and keep a lookout for a good pcp within my budget  .

I looked on the usual gun sites and came upon an ad from a lad who lived just a 15 minute journey away , I gave him a call and went to take a look , i made him an offer and a deal was struck!.

Its a  Weihrauch HW100S in .177 calibre and it's in absolutely mint condition not a single mark or blemish, it came complete with a nikko stirling mountmaster 4-12x50 so ir md telescopic sight, two mags, adaptor, air venting tap, hatsan pump, fleece lined gun bag , some targets and nine tins of pellets.

I spent half an hour with it this morning and am really impressed with the accuracy and build quality,  it's also much quieter than I expected it to be, so all in all I'm really happy with it.

Thanks for reading and I'm sure I'll be pestering you lads regularly with loads of questions.

All the very best

Steve

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

• Like 7

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon lads First post over on this side of the forum so here goes,  it's been a long while since I last owned an air rifle, 1978 to be exact and it was a lovely brand new bsa airsporter .22 c

Wow!! What a pile of crap!!!  Horrible.....just horrible.... JUST KIDDING PAL??? You made a bloody good choice mate. I've had the full length and the carbine in .177 and couldn't fault

Right Steven im going to trust you on this one Iv got a single shot 177 mag hear NOW this was a gift off a good friend of mine and i dont get rid of gifts off friends as the lads will tell y

Posted Images

Hi and welcome ,  You probably have one one of the best PCP guns ,if not the best . 

Nice stock to your one as well  . What pellets are you using ? 

In my HW100k i am using AA Express 7.9 gr  they fly flat , fast , and very accurate ,even out to 60 yards plus 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, villaman said:

Hi and welcome ,  You probably have one one of the best PCP guns ,if not the best . 

Nice stock to your one as well  . What pellets are you using ? 

In my HW100k i am using AA Express 7.9 gr  they fly flat , fast , and very accurate ,even out to 60 yards plus 

Hi Mate

Yes mate I know the hw100 is very ,very highly rated and it was on the very top of my wish list but I honestly thought it would be way out of my budget considering i would also need a scope, pump and gunbag .You can't  imagine how quick I moved when I saw what was included in the sale and the price he was asking so as soon as I saw the ad I was straight round ( I actually gave £50 less than the asking price)!.

pictured below are the pellets which were included in the sale, i have only used the  H and N pellets so far so can't really offer an opinion on the others as yet.

atb

IMG_1668.JPG

First off Stevie what a crap rifle to buy

to bloody heavy to lug around to bloody quiet

AND AND AND just pulling your leg lol

BUT

AS MITCH SAY,S ONE OF THE BEST RIFLES MONEY CAN BUY

THEY CAN JUST ABOUT SHOOT THEM SELFS AND GOOD ON YOU FOR LOOKING AROUND AND READING UP ON WHAT OTHER LADS HAVE SAY,D ABOUT THEM

NORMALLY WE ALL TELL THEM WHAT TO BUY AND BE FORE YOU KNOW IT THEY HAVE A CHEEP RIFLE THAT THEY FIND OUT IS NO GOOD AND THERE BACK ON ASKING AGAIN SO

I COMMEND YOU IN YOUR CHOICE OF RIFLE .

Nothing wrong with the scopes ether iv got them on one or two of my rifles and i highly recommend them good scopes

Now the hw100s hunter carbine i have hear is 177 and iv try,d all kinds of pellets in her and the jsb heavy's are the ones to get

deadly accurate and hit hard  if you want ill send you a few down to try before you buy Stevie just pm me your addy and post code .

but thats one nice rifle mate

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P010712_14.14_[01].jpg

P040711_16.23.jpg

P050712_20.37.jpg

P060711_20.50.jpg

P060612_00.09.jpg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

First off Stevie what a crap rifle to buy

to bloody heavy to lug around to bloody quiet

AND AND AND just pulling your leg lol

BUT

AS MITCH SAY,S ONE OF THE BEST RIFLES MONEY CAN BUY

THEY CAN JUST ABOUT SHOOT THEM SELFS AND GOOD ON YOU FOR LOOKING AROUND AND READING UP ON WHAT OTHER LADS HAVE SAY,D ABOUT THEM

NORMALLY WE ALL TELL THEM WHAT TO BUY AND BE FORE YOU KNOW IT THEY HAVE A CHEEP RIFLE THAT THEY FIND OUT IS NO GOOD AND THERE BACK ON ASKING AGAIN SO

I COMMEND YOU IN YOUR CHOICE OF RIFLE .

Nothing wrong with the scopes ether iv got them on one or two of my rifles and i highly recommend them good scopes

Now the hw100s hunter carbine i have hear is 177 and iv try,d all kinds of pellets in her and the jsb heavy's are the ones to get

deadly accurate and hit hard  if you want ill send you a few down to try before you buy Stevie just pm me your addy and post code .

but thats one nice rifle mate

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P010712_14.14_[01].jpg

P040711_16.23.jpg

P050712_20.37.jpg

P060711_20.50.jpg

P060612_00.09.jpg

Mac

Thankyou very much for the kind offer, I would certainly appreciate a few to try out if that's ok!. I take it there's an obvious difference between the jsb heavies and the jsb exacts ?. I had read that these guns can be a bit pellet fussy so would like to use the best and most suitable.

I will pm you mac and thanks again

atb

Steve

• Like 1

You will get a few lads that will offer some sample packs for you to try out Stevie

there is a massive difference in the jsb heavys to the jsb exacts 

but if i run out of heavys i do use the exacts

as the lads will vouch for me i use nothing but jsb,s in all my rifles even 22

rifles

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Mine is not pellet fussy at all ,it will shoot anything from a light -heavy pellet .

Like Jimmy send me your address then i will send some AA express 7.9 gr  , i shoot rats ,squirrels , pigeon , rabbits with these ,even out to 60 yards .

When pellet testing  zero in at your given range (normally between 35 -37 yards .177 ) then try every 5 yards  out to 60 yards if you can . what might be good at 35 yards might be shit at 40 + yards   

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, villaman said:

Mine is not pellet fussy at all ,it will shoot anything from a light -heavy pellet .

Like Jimmy send me your address then i will send some AA express 7.9 gr  , i shoot rats ,squirrels , pigeon , rabbits with these ,even out to 60 yards .

When pellet testing  zero in at your given range (normally between 35 -37 yards .177 ) then try every 5 yards  out to 60 yards if you can . what might be good at 35 yards might be shit at 40 + yards   

Villaman 

Again Thankyou very much also for the kind offer i will pm you my address . Yes I'm hoping to get out over the next couple of days and do as you suggest

atb

Steve

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steviec said:

Villaman 

Again Thankyou very much also for the kind offer i will pm you my address . Yes I'm hoping to get out over the next couple of days and do as you suggest

atb

Steve

And another thing you need is a dive bottle

much better than a pump and a lot quicker Steven

But thats some thing you can look into at a later stage .

• Like 1

What are you going to use the rifle for target or vermin

if vermin IE,,rabbits ,,pigeon,,crows rats and so on you need to get groups the size of a 5p coin some thing that will come easy with a hw100.

if you miss with a hw100 its you and not the rifle

Jimmy

yes a dive bottle is next on the list, I charged it with the pump yesterday and almost had to go have a lie down lol . At the moment me and a mate are trying to secure some permission (easier said than done) so I will be using it for both hunting and target shooting as I'm hoping to join a club shortly. I've been looking on YouTube and also reading through some lads threads and am very impressed with how accurate these rifles can be so I'll be getting plenty of practice in.

Atb

• Like 1