Next years heating

11 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Would love a wood burner  but we sealed the fire place up. It's on my to do list to open it and get one

Ive found one that takes logs and has an auto feed hopper for wood pellets, can be out all day with it on tick over then. It also heats all your water too!

My flash neighbours pellet burner is controlled by bloody wifi! Turns it in when he's half hour from home!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Would love a wood burner  but we sealed the fire place up. It's on my to do list to open it and get one

Our old place didn't have a chimney, so when we came here it was the first thing that of a smile on my face !

We're having one out in this year ! Can't wait !

• Like 1

You can't beat it. I remember as a kid my grandad picking up an old wood burner from a scrapyard and he plumbed it in the water tank of our mobile home. It  was lovely and cosy and the old tank used to burble away when it was boiling

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mattyg said:

I like to leave a bit unsplit as if I’m cold I just go and swing the maul a bit and I don’t need to light the burner as I’m bloody sweating after 15 mins. Lol

Matt

Done exactly that yesterday mate, looks like I'll be at it again today. Lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Done exactly that yesterday mate, looks like I'll be at it again today. Lol

Same this afternoon, should have about 4 years worth though when its all splits and stacked!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Waz said:

Same this afternoon, should have about 4 years worth though when its all splits and stacked!

I thought that when I stacked up the store, smashed loads of it now.. I run a Rayburn alongside the oil to heat water, and a log burner.. got another burner and an open fire but don't use them at the minute (refurb hasn't got that far yet! Lol)...

Just now, NEWKID said:

I thought that when I stacked up the store, smashed loads of it now.. I run a Rayburn alongside the oil to heat water, and a log burner.. got another burner and an open fire but don't use them at the minute (refurb hasn't got that far yet! Lol)...

Reckon im using 6m3 max in recent winters, Use alder as ive an abundance of it at the start of winter and as we are coming out of it. Oak & sometimes a bit of chestnut in the depths. When my ex was in all day used nearer double..

An open fire sounds handsome, gonna need some feeding though!

9 minutes ago, Waz said:

Reckon im using 6m3 max in recent winters, Use alder as ive an abundance of it at the start of winter and as we are coming out of it. Oak & sometimes a bit of chestnut in the depths. When my ex was in all day used nearer double..

An open fire sounds handsome, gonna need some feeding though!

What's your favourite wood to burn mate?

ive got some willow I need to remove, also loads of beech

51 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

What's your favourite wood to burn mate?

ive got some willow I need to remove, also loads of beech

Willow is a waste of time don't even bother trying to burn it ... beech is ok when it's fully seasoned ......