Bert Gripton.

Like it says, 70s maybe 80s. Plenty of Borders to be seen and much too pretty Jack Russells too. Personally I'd say it was the late 70's going by the old photos I've seen of Bert when he got older.

Not really sure about Britain but the black terriers came to Ireland in the late 70s and even at shows in the late 80s you wouldn't see them, but remember just because there's no sign of a type at a show it doesn't mean it's not a worker, it just means it's not a shower.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At long last thankfully someone has put up this old footage of one of the best so enjoy and a very Happy Christmas to all of you and your families.  yours in sport, Neil.

As is all too often the case, opinions are frequently trotted out on these forums as if they were fact. And whilst I’ve no desire to “pee on anyone’s parade”, or to speak ill of the dead, it’s importa

Dilly Thanks for posting that old photo..... it was taken at the end of a day's otterhunting with the B.C.O.H. on our annual trip to Pembroke and Carmarthen where we'd all take a week's holiday t

Posted Images

1979 it says I think MM. 

And Liam you're right about the roof of the mouth thing, a lot of good knowledge has been lost with that generation. I've a mate who's older than me, and he always says he likes a terrier with dark eyes, he says the darker the eyes the better the worker! I don't know how much truth is in it but it's something I sub-consciously make a note of.:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

1979 it says I think MM. 

And Liam you're right about the roof of the mouth thing, a lot of good knowledge has been lost with that generation. I've a mate who's older than me, and he always says he likes a terrier with dark eyes, he says the darker the eyes the better the worker! I don't know how much truth is in it but it's something I sub-consciously make a note of.:laugh:

Cheers RH ?

30 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

1979 it says I think MM. 

Like a good dark eye myself. Don't like to see any white around a terriers eye.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, robertb123 said:

That's a good watch that. There's also some other terrier videos posted by the same fella, interesting and worth a look. Thanks for posting.

Just had a look at the other vids now, the fell and moorland one is on there in sections too.

4 hours ago, neil cooney said:

Phil Drabble was never an anti. He championed the working dog and the working dogman. Quiet rightly he had no time for the scumbags who destroyed it for all of us.

In fact, he was a bit of a visionary.

Drabble had opinions and wasn't afraid to voice them but was no anti.

His 1964 book "Of Pedigree Unknown" ,should be read by anyone who thinks  Brian Plummer's work , "Tales of a Rat-hunting Man", was in any way original.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, comanche said:

Drabble had opinions and wasn't afraid to voice them but was no anti.

His 1964 book "Of Pedigree Unknown" ,should be read by anyone who thinks  Brian Plummer's work , "Tales of a Rat-hunting Man", was in any way original.

Yes mate,i was unaware he was an anti,i had pedigree unknown and a weasel in my meatsafe as a kid.