Bert Gripton.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At long last thankfully someone has put up this old footage of one of the best so enjoy and a very Happy Christmas to all of you and your families.  yours in sport, Neil.

As is all too often the case, opinions are frequently trotted out on these forums as if they were fact. And whilst I’ve no desire to “pee on anyone’s parade”, or to speak ill of the dead, it’s importa

Dilly Thanks for posting that old photo..... it was taken at the end of a day's otterhunting with the B.C.O.H. on our annual trip to Pembroke and Carmarthen where we'd all take a week's holiday t

Posted Images

Bert was old school,..and same as myself, he could not abide fraudster, liars, and users,....and to his credit,... he always made his feelings known...:laugh:

I enjoyed his company when we met, and I've still got a heap of old correspondence that he sent to me, written in his own unmistakable script.

How good it was to have his support,.. at a bad time in my life,...Bert Gripton, gone but not forgotten...:thumbs:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Bert was old school,..and same as myself, he could not abide fraudster, liars, and users,....and to his credit,... he always made his feelings known...:laugh:

I enjoyed his company when we met, and I've still got a heap of old correspondence that he sent to me, written in his own unmistakable script.

How good it was to have his support,.. at a bad time in my life,...Bert Gripton, gone but not forgotten...:thumbs:

Do you think there are many old country folk like Bert still going? Meeting somebody like him would be a pleasure and an education.

great  clip neil  :thumbs:  , i met  Bert   when he was a old man, and it was great, even as old man still strong old bugger , got hands like shovels  lol, he liked all hunting  dogs, and  liked lurchers  he liked all dogs to have a brain  and grit, wonder if his grandson still working jacks .?

• Like 1

His comment on a black roof in a dogs mouth was interesting,the old timers back in the sixtys told s the very same thing and funny enough it appeared to be true,any russell we had with a white roof was very soft.Them old boys really knew there stuff.No big monsters of dogs either.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, grompz said:

some nice old photos of bert scruffing a fox, and with his terriers, in phil drabbles book of pedigree unknown, in the days before drabble became an anti, he should have stuck with sheep dogs,and not lurchers.  

Phil Drabble was never an anti. He championed the working dog and the working dogman. Quiet rightly he had no time for the scumbags who destroyed it for all of us.

In fact, he was a bit of a visionary.

• Like 5