8 year old crackshot!

So on monday evening i took the eldest lad to the local gun shop and got him a baikal single .410 for the grand total of £75... absolute bargain!

IMG_20171218_201538_640.jpg

So each night this week ive taken him up the farm for a few shots which paid off!

Today we went out and first field a pheasant ran and as it was about to get up he shot it at 25yrds.

He was shaking with adrenaline!

20171223_144656.jpg

Then we headed into a wood where the dog insisted the was something up a tree, eventually i saw a squirrel in a fork, as i stooped down to show him where it was, off it went like the clappers so i stood up swung the hatsan through and down it came, as it hit the ground it wriggled and went to crawl off. Before i had chance to say anything the barrel of the baikal came up and bang! He sorted the squirrel instictivly! What a first outing for him and his new shotgun!!20171223_152050_002.jpg

Youngratter.

Edited by tomsmurf
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomsmurf said:

the dog insisted the was something up a tree,

Nice one.  Good dog. Tell the boy that dogs don't lie. Attention to what the dog is trying to tell you will pay dividends. Dogs don't lie.

Edited by Meece
Spelling and meaning correction. predictive text fault
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, PLEDGEY said:

Now this is what Fathers should be doing with their children. He's going to remember these times for the rest of his life. :-)

And so will you. It's like the first time that they ride a bike. Nothing and no-one change this or take it away from both of you. I've got four girls and it has been the same with them like making a snowman and walking them up the aisle, ect.

• Like 1