2 maggies for the excaliber

j j m

woke up this morning to the sound of magpies in the back garden at causeway,i always leave the bedroom window open just enough to get the barrel through so not to spook them when opening the window,first one was at the bottom mews seeing if there was any food lying around but it kept moving its head up and down so I could not take a head shot,so I went for a heart shot and took it out,then the heavens opened birds screaming everywhere,it amazes me when you shoot a magpie how quickly the crows appear,they all sat up in the conifers I just waited my time till another magie landed to check its falling mate out I got this one with a head shot,all in all I'm well pleased with the excaliber k in 22 its nice and light and with the small rhino scope on its lovely to shoot

• Like 9

thanks mark mate,ive just got a camera I will get some pics taking,the garden is a mess at the moment as I'm in the middle of taking lots of large conifers dow ready to build more new mewses

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Nice one Jeff :good:

I agree with Mark mate - I'd like to see that Excalibur and the mews :yes:

Its his BP that you want to see Jon

Feck the rifles and the mews

My fav was KES what a beauty she was

every time i went i had to say hello to her

Jeffs BP are stunning and want for nothing you all may think his passion is with air rifles but there just a means to feed his birds ,

Apart from his lass and the bairn (not so much a bairn any more she is growing fast) his BP are his passion

you can see it in his eyes when he is talking about them or showing you them

and his face lights up and his big smile shoots across his face

a proud man and rightly so

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ps still a fat twat mind

P091110_14.12.jpg

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Its his BP that you want to see Jon

Feck the rifles and the mews

My fav was KES what a beauty she was

every time i went i had to say hello to her

Jeffs BP are stunning and want for nothing you all may think his passion is with air rifles but there just a means to feed his birds ,

Apart from his lass and the bairn (not so much a bairn any more she is growing fast) his BP are his passion

you can see it in his eyes when he is talking about them or showing you them

and his face lights up and his big smile shoots across his face

a proud man and rightly so

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ps still a fat twat mind

P091110_14.12.jpg

Haven't seen that picture for a while :laugh::thumbs:

I say pictures of the mews but, it's the birds that I really want to see :yes:

We sometimes see Red Kites round here and, once last summer, I came out of the woods and there was a big brown hawk looking bird sat on the gate - it took off as soon as it saw me, the wing span was huge.

I've no idea what it was but, it was a beautiful looking bird and, I was pleased that I got to see it.

• Like 1

thanks for the kind words jimmy mate,i thought you said you would not show that pic again you TW,T, HAVEA GOOD XMAS MATE HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY GET ALL YOU WANT MATE ,take care mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

villaman mate theres loads around our way at the minute,in breeding season they get on top of the mewses and try to meg the smaller birds of prey,but I just knock them off ,mac will tell you the European eagle owl is massive they don't venture near her mews she hits the mesh with some force,jimmy loves her

• Like 1