Few signs of rats around the garden compost.....in past years have put out poison but gets expensive and don't like the thought of what else may get a hold of the poison. So after looking on here bought a couple of Fenn traps and made up a box to put them in. Strap hinges, handle and catch made from an old seat-belt.

It works a treat...got this monster today.

P1070838.JPG

P1070837.JPG

P1070829.JPG

P1070831.JPG

• Like 5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads thought i would try an old school trap.....probably the oldest one in the book.....and blow me it got results faster than the modern traps. Made up this dead-fall trap last-night checked thi

traps are the wrong way round   and i doubt  that rat was not caught in it

Few signs of rats around the garden compost.....in past years have put out poison but gets expensive and don't like the thought of what else may get a hold of the poison. So after looking on here boug

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, micky said:

traps are the wrong way round   and i doubt  that rat was not caught in it

It was caught in it alright....but not a clean kill, back legs only hence the air rifle and a pellet through it's head. The trap nearest, you can see where it tried to pull itself out and hauled a lot of bruck in.

When you say wrong way round you mean just turn it end for end?

Back to the drawing board!:laugh:

Well hopefully there's enough room there to set them the right way round. As said earlier, I'd stick in another couple of holes the far end of the box.

Nice little box for someone new to using Fenn's.:thumbs:

• Like 2

Traps are set the wrong way round it looks to high .  just put  two rows of bricks with another on the top  and close in the ends  i dont even bed in the traps just set the them on the ground and let the prey try to jump over them , i think it helps trip them  and the bricks soon weather 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, The one said:

Traps are set the wrong way round it looks to high .  just put  two rows of bricks with another on the top  and close in the ends  i dont even bed in the traps just set the them on the ground and let the prey try to jump over them , i think it helps trip them  and the bricks soon weather 

Well spotted lad!:thumbs:

Before you set the fens look at the height the box only needs to be 1/2 inch taller to allow the jaws to catch the prey off the ceiling and remember to allow a 1/8 of a inch or similar for the safety catch at the side of the box when you remove it after you set it ,  too tight and it  fall back on and the trap wont go off 

• Like 1