Deerhound / Greyhound

On 24 December 2017 at 23:38, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Agreed on your points mate and I only ever speak from experience 

my cousin had a deerhound x that was probably the worst tempered dog in the world , it was also a shithouse of the highest calibre 

31 ins of coward ,

would arse grab foxes doubled up ,  

wouldn’t look at anything until it was nearly two years old , 

attacked other dogs and was predictably killed by a bull cross and a lab in a kennel fight . 

After him I saw a very well bred sal grey x bull grey who made the whole spectrum of quarry look easy day and night. Very much the epitome of an old west stag hound

I would say that a well bred collie type would do most of the jobs I had a dig at comfortably . 

Although id disagree over the maturity,  a deerhound x is nowhere near physically mature to run at 12 months  old . 

Comparing a saluki bull grey to deerhound grey ain't really a fare comparison?  If you was looking to compare a deer grey to a saluki as an alrounder I personally think the deer grey is a better alrounder for killing reds and stinkers a swell as catching rabbits and hare

how many can say they have seen a saluki grey love going into reds and stinkers without having bull in them ? Maybe the odd 1 or 2

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 x. From Dave platt and joe Woolley   13 months old.  Keeps going wae he is will make a cracking dog no fear strong as hell 

The old lad very much retired no fuks given about the beast from the east   

My 3/4 x 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, lad101 said:

Comparing a saluki bull grey to deerhound grey ain't really a fare comparison?  If you was looking to compare a deer grey to a saluki as an alrounder I personally think the deer grey is a better alrounder for killing reds and stinkers a swell as catching rabbits and hare

how many can say they have seen a saluki grey love going into reds and stinkers without having bull in them ? Maybe the odd 1 or 2

Few people on this planet acknowledge or recognise,more than me,what the deerhound brings to the table,if i had a choice of a Deerhound/grey or a Saluki-bull-Grey hybrid id pass on the Deerhound x.Deerhounds now are a very pale shadow of what they where,source me a lurcher to lurcher bred Deerhoundy with a work ethic over a KC arse wipe of paper and id not touch a Saluki-Bull-Grey.

14 hours ago, morton said:

Few people on this planet acknowledge or recognise,more than me,what the deerhound brings to the table,if i had a choice of a Deerhound/grey or a Saluki-bull-Grey hybrid id pass on the Deerhound x.Deerhounds now are a very pale shadow of what they where,source me a lurcher to lurcher bred Deerhoundy with a work ethic over a KC arse wipe of paper and id not touch a Saluki-Bull-Grey.

FEW PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET :icon_eek: You been drinking again Morton, lol

• Haha 1