Deerhound / Greyhound

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 x. From Dave platt and joe Woolley   13 months old.  Keeps going wae he is will make a cracking dog no fear strong as hell 

The old lad very much retired no fuks given about the beast from the east   

My 3/4 x 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, THLpatrick said:

Deerhound x greyhound and some other stuff in the mix.. mainly used him for lamping... done what i asked of him .. would have this X again in the future

macandme_zpsffd263bf.jpg

a25f276c-73a8-4384-ab74-b99847542e48_zps

macandmountainhare_zps62jnwamj.jpg

Do you know what other stuff is in the mix Patrick

• Like 2

First deerhound lurcher I had was a Platt bred dog about 20 years ago was total crap swore I would never have another.bought one a couple years back Platt bred bitch x 1/4 bull greyhound to say time happy would be an understatement  undeservedly gave Platt a hard time on the net at the time not every dog or birch will make the grade just one of those things

A deerhound x greyhound bought out of the exchange and mart in the mid 70s as a pup who turned into a decent dog despite him being 31tts the lad who bought him as a pup said two lads deliverd the pup to him after phoning the advert up always wonderd about the history of his breeding.

2010-09-28 11.21.52.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

A deerhound x greyhound bought out of the exchange and mart in the mid 70s as a pup who turned into a decent dog despite him being 31tts the lad who bought him as a pup said two lads deliverd the pup to him after phoning the advert up always wonderd about the history of his breeding.

2010-09-28 11.21.52.jpg

that dog was probably out of john nuttal of clitheroes strain of deerxgrey, exchange and mart was the place to buy working lurchers and pups in the 70s,john used to advertise litters regulary in those days,my first ones were bred by him, if memory serves me right they were £15 a pup, and the deerhounds he used was the enterkine blood, i believe john was brian nuttals brother,often wondered why he stopped breeding them,great days and great memories, wish i had a £1 for every rabbit those dogs caught,they gave there all on all things and owed me nothing, and helped me when times were hard.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, grompz said:

that dog was probably out of john nuttal of clitheroes strain of deerxgrey, exchange and mart was the place to buy working lurchers and pups in the 70s,john used to advertise litters regulary in those days,my first ones were bred by him, if memory serves me right they were £15 a pup, and the deerhounds he used was the enterkine blood, i believe john was brian nuttals brother,often wondered why he stopped breeding them,great days and great memories, wish i had a £1 for every rabbit those dogs caught,they gave there all on all things and owed me nothing, and helped me when times were hard.

I often thought that and remember seeing Nuttals adverts in the E&M back in the day he said the two lads who deliverd the pup he thought they were travellars .The picture does not realy do the dog justice and tbh he was a heavy type dog I haven't seen a first x since that resembled this dog in structure.

3 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I often thought that and remember seeing Nuttals adverts in the E&M back in the day he said the two lads who deliverd the pup he thought they were travellars .The picture does not realy do the dog justice and tbh he was a heavy type dog I haven't seen a first x since that resembled this dog in structure.

Looks like a first boss to me mate.

Mate who got me into lurchers many moons ago got his first lurcher dhx gh off Brian Pether ( well known Slipper in his day) took 18 months to show any interest but when it eventually clicked what a dog took everything. Big strong dog bout 30” tts. Atb

Edited by Dinosaurs
Bad spelling
2 hours ago, THLpatrick said:

From what am told a drop of bull and saluki... Staffsriffraff has the daughter out of it and that's thrown quiet bully and strong but looks like it can run Aswell 

Very smart looking dog mate..

how old is he?

you say you've had a litter out of him, how are they coming on?

2 hours ago, THLpatrick said:

From what am told a drop of bull and saluki... Staffsriffraff has the daughter out of it and that's thrown quiet bully and strong but looks like it can run Aswell 

Very smart looking dog mate..

how old is he?

you say you've had a litter out of him, how are they coming on?