Deerhound / Greyhound

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I couldn’t be wasting my time with that . 

Not being a dick here but maybe your personality allows you to click more with the deerhound blooded types then? 

I do Slag her off and sometimes I would take pleasure from blowing her brains out but I'm being unfair to her because she a handy edibles dog when she wants.which is quite regular really.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 x. From Dave platt and joe Woolley   13 months old.  Keeps going wae he is will make a cracking dog no fear strong as hell 

The old lad very much retired no fuks given about the beast from the east   

My 3/4 x 

Posted Images

Fair play, I’ve only ever got rid of one dog for Work reasons and that was a dog pup I took in as a whim to save it getting bricked and i put into a loving pet home soon afyer 

anyway , maybe the deerhound attitude clicks more with you than I mate, would yoI get another of that type? 

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Fair play, I’ve only ever got rid of one dog for Work reasons and that was a dog pup I took in as a whim to save it getting bricked and i put into a loving pet home soon afyer 

anyway , maybe the deerhound attitude clicks more with you than I mate, would yoI get another of that type? 

I've got a 9 month bull x now and have to say he's been more fun to bring on then the deerhound but I would get another in the future.no doubt.

don't think I'll get one like the last but saying that each one I had was better than the last so maybe it could be better.

6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I thought it was common knowledge that's all saluki offered.

I’d say saluki adds or puts more to a lurcher than any other breed of dog , but hey

feet, gears, wind, pace, coursing sense, attitude, 

probanly the most perfect all round pure bred dog for the job  

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d say saluki adds or puts more to a lurcher than any other breed of dog , but hey

I don't agree with that,I'm going to say greyhound but it's personnel preference.

I will take your point physically but mentally salukis are a fecking enigma and that's as important as physicality. 

• Like 1
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:42, Blackmissiles said:

Hi folks,

I will be getting a Deerhound / Greyhound pup in a couple of weeks, just interested if anyone on here has worked with them before and what do you think?. I had a pure Deerhound up until 18 months ago but sadly lost him at 4yrs of age due to  heart complications that are often seen in purebred Deerhounds,  I have seen this Deerhound/Greyhound line and it seems to be a well tried and tested line but, interested in any comments that will help ie, training etc. Hopefully he will complement my two working whippets and my beddy whippet in the field.

BM I  have sent you 2 PM,s,atb

13 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I thought it was common knowledge that's all saluki offered.

Saluki offers a hell of alot to a lurcher for your avarage dog man but it can also take away alot not allways but quite alot. especially after a season or so getting abit of stick.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Funny because I have a sal bull grey from good breeding and she the 2nd worse dog I've seen won't touch teeth not even a Rat not even a rabbit if she's not in the mood.she's a weird thing.

How's the young bitch doing 38 58 x grey if that's right

So if I'm reading this thread right and a couple of other threads on here, DP is on his 10th generation of Deerhound/Greyhounds and worked none of them ? Basically a Hancock of the Deerhound/Greyhound breed then ? Thanks for any replys .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

How's the young bitch doing 38 58 x grey if that's right

Hea coming on a treat.im surprised how switched on he is.retrieves everything.

Ive lamped dead rabbits with him.you know throwing them then switching lamp on.hiding them and pheasants in the day getting him to find and retrieve.all perfect.

But can still be immature so just waiting.

Screenshot_2017-12-19-15-17-12.png

20171201_141722.jpg

• Like 4
22 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly think alot depends what you want that lurcher for 

• Like 2