im confused lol

I'm no expert but isn't there 3 or 4 types of coat in the Saluki depending on where the particular strain originated. The colder the climate the warmer the coat. Not all Salukis were desert dogs.

And then of course the Saluki and the Borzoi have a common ancestory.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, jigsaw said:

he hasnt turned out looks wise as id expected but i have high hopes fr him,,saluki saturated with a feck off huge wooly coat

043.JPG

001.JPG

Where did you find the Dober-doodle? ?

Best of luck with him jigsaw, hope he works out for you 

• Haha 1

I got saluki saturated pup with wooly coat its a f***ing nitemare!! She could run across a bowling green & come back like shes wearing a gillie suit. I keep her clipped back. First dog of this type does the coat harden up if regularly clipped? Its like velcro!! Atb

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

I got saluki saturated pup with wooly coat its a f***ing nitemare!! She could run across a bowling green & come back like shes wearing a gillie suit. I keep her clipped back. First dog of this type does the coat harden up if regularly clipped? Its like velcro!! Atb

Hows your pup bred feller ? do u know its sire n dam ? 

Sire is 3/4 sal 1/4 grey Dam dh gh beddy grey x gh wpt bull gh wpt collie. Seen both sire & dam work. Sire good daytime dog. dam good ferret/lamp dog. Dam died having pups. my pup was one of two that suvived out of litter of nine. Shes a very solid pup (9 mths) bout 22” tts 23 kg not the fastest pup & certainly not the brightest!!! Atb

2 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Sire is 3/4 sal 1/4 grey Dam dh gh beddy grey x gh wpt bull gh wpt collie. Seen both sire & dam work. Sire good daytime dog. dam good ferret/lamp dog. Dam died having pups. my pup was one of two that suvived out of litter of nine. Shes a very solid pup (9 mths) bout 22” tts 23 kg not the fastest pup & certainly not the brightest!!! Atb

Ah right i thought it was a coursing type animal. Bit of bad luck with thre dam there 

i seen a couple of wooly and rough coursing types theres a young dog ive seen a couple times hes a lovely type of animal seen a few from ireland that were wooly aswell all seemed fast and aggressive. Id like to see a nice rough lurcher type to a good coursing dog said it a few times now 

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1