can you catch cancer.

no thought not..

but.. why is it when it affects some people, that friends etc for some unknown reason  can't bring them selves to visit ..i know that were all differant..and how the fxck do you send em a merry christmas card..was visiting an old work mate couple of days back whose terminal.and just before i left, told him i'll be back in new year if he wanted to speak again ..they both  spoke up saying  yes of course, then his wife said..no one ever come's .how sad is that..this is not a one off,  seen it with a couple of other people who's suffering from this fxcking disease..so,,if you know an old mate or other, get round and see em. no good roaring after..oh,,and i can assure you it ain't catching..

thanks..

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Think a lot of people don't know what to say but your right mate, it's the poor person with this god awful disease that should be stuck for words not you but I've found it's often the other way round.......need to get a grip and do the right thing....

• Like 1

Lost a few good un's to this terrible disease and I've always made the effort unless they have specifically requested no visitors but I do find it difficult, more from my end trying not to say something Fcuk*n stupid so I keep the conversation lighthearted.  

They're the ones with little time left but they always make time for us and make us welcome.

• Like 7

I did this just last year with Krawnden off this site ... at first the conversation was always about him getting better and what treatment he was having etc and I just followed suite ... but as time went on and he started fading when I visited him he would ask if I can sort the ferrets his guns take his youngster out Ferreting etc and of course you do because that's what mates do .... what I learned from that was to let them lead the conversation and just keep it as light hearted as possible .......

• Like 17

regards  cancer  , from what ive been told , the cancer gene  is in every one, its just something in the way your  body makes that cancer gene   active, the lucky people  dont activate  it , the unlucky    do  and its just look of the draw  in life .  seeing my old man dying  with stomach cancer , was prob the worst thing ive had to deal with, i had look after him for the last 6 months before he died, he had few health probs in his life, and he was 85 when he died , yeh say good age which is true .But me dad was always fit strong bloke even at 75, when he got cancer of the gut, he tried to eat but kept feeling and was sick , so he couldnt get any food down proper, he went like a feckin skeleton in the end , no weight on him, but he fought right to the end , i hope i am as brave as him when its my time to die.:yes:

• Like 7

I dont think anyone knows what triggers cancer but I agree there are those more susceptible than others (genetically predisposed) it could be a virus which triggers cancer once a set of certain circumstances are met but its natural  for people to worry. We seem to be at the general public stage in diagnosis much like the plague and leprosy - nobody really knew what caused them. Sock's post is wise, I have friends who have this horrific disease and they simply don't want to talk about it - just fun things and life. I think they know its hard for their friends but just being 'ordinary' is special. How would I feel? I'd be so grateful for any human kindness and the knowledge that people cared to the extent they overcome their irrational and unfounded fears and came to see me.

• Like 1

Its difficult,i always thought dieing is a lonely road,a traveller mate was in hospital for a long time,he was a smart,upright respectable man,he didnt want any friend visitors,seeing him stick thin,no hair.broke me into bits at his funeral.lovely chap.cancers a awfull thing.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, KES2 said:

I dont think anyone knows what triggers cancer but I agree there are those more susceptible than others (genetically predisposed) it could be a virus which triggers cancer once a set of certain circumstances are met but its natural  for people to worry. We seem to be at the general public stage in diagnosis much like the plague and leprosy - nobody really knew what caused them. Sock's post is wise, I have friends who have this horrific disease and they simply don't want to talk about it - just fun things and life. I think they know its hard for their friends but just being 'ordinary' is special. How would I feel? I'd be so grateful for any human kindness and the knowledge that people cared to the extent they overcome their irrational and unfounded fears and came to see me.

There are a few really good documentaries out at the moment which show a link with eating meat/processed foods, and triggering cancer. Yes some folk are more susceptible than others. That is true. Seemingly a vegan diet can not only prevent cancer, but also in many instances, cure it. You may think it's a load a bull (excuse the pun), but it makes total sense once you watch the documentaries. Now I aint no vegetarian,  but thinking of cutting out a lot of the shit, we all try to pretend is OK to eat.

Check these out. WHAT THE HEALTH, and FORK OVER KNIFE. 

Even if you think its all fabricated nonsense, they  really are an interesting watch.

Edited by EDDIE B
Sorry repeated same program name twice. Sorted now
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

There are a few really good documentaries out at the moment which show a link with eating meat/processed foods, and triggering cancer. Yes some folk are more susceptible than others. That is true. Seemingly a vegan diet can not only prevent cancer, but also in many instances, cure it. You may think it's a load a bull (excuse the pun), but it makes total sense once you watch the documentaries. Now I aint no vegetarian,  but thinking of cutting out a lot of the shit, we all try to pretend is OK to eat.

Check these out. WHAT THE HEALTH, and WHAT THE HEALTH. 

Even if you think its all fabricated nonsense, they  really are an interesting watch.

There are however countries in the world who's main diets are meat based but don't have cases of cancer ... so I think the motto would be eat fresh caught wild game meat or free range Ged a natural diet ........

• Like 3