BEDBUGS. Best product/method used ?

Guest vin

I have a few Bedbug jobs on at the moment.

I'm ex-local council employed and trained at killgerm etc and I have tried quite a few of the products on sale.

What do you boys like to use and whats the best results you have had from a treatment.?

The biggest problem I have is the clients most of the time.

I do like getting rid of the horrible little critters though and always welcome any tips new or old.

My Theory of a solution is quite simple and I still cannot understand why the big medical companies have not designed a product for dealing with this and maybe also mosquitos by giving us humans a spot-on treatment like we do for the dogs/cats cattle etc with ivermectin type drugs.Obviously, a tablet would be the preferred method, But surely in this modern world we're living in this could be done quite simply.Take some tablets that poison the blood enough to kill the bugs but not us.

Fck that ?

I tried phobi dose this year and found it didn't even touch em. 

I do a survey visit and 3 treatments....my survey visit is when I speak to the customer......if I don't think they can play there part I walk away. 

I tried ficam w as well this year and that didn't touch em.....on the second visit I was flicking live bugs out of harbourages that had white ficam residue on em and they were still alive. It was a difficult job that one.....phobi dose and ficam had no effect, when I tried my normal spray that wasn't very good either, some where curling their backs up but some weren't.....i took another pestie to look and he couldn't believe it. It occurred to me that my normal spray wasn't pouring correctly since it had got really cold in my vehicle. I opened a new bottle and it sorted em no problem 

2 hours ago, myersbg said:

Cimetrol supa every time on BBs

Tried Ficam, Diatomaceous ,K-othrine. ULV. and Recently did one 2 X with Cimetrol Super at double strength and the little fekkers were still present after the 4th treatment.

I switch the products around on a full treatment, But recently they seem to be getting harder to treat..I've got video of them moving about after a blast with Cimetrol Super recently... I was led to believe that Cimetrol was the best stuff available for bedbugs ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 00:53, vin said:

Tried Ficam, Diatomaceous ,K-othrine. ULV. and Recently did one 2 X with Cimetrol Super at double strength and the little fekkers were still present after the 4th treatment.

I switch the products around on a full treatment, But recently they seem to be getting harder to treat..I've got video of them moving about after a blast with Cimetrol Super recently... I was led to believe that Cimetrol was the best stuff available for bedbugs ?

Never ever use ULV on bed bugs, they will scuttle out of the way deeper into cracks and crevices and all you do is spread them! 

I would suggest you have a much bigger  problem than first thought, bedbug treatment is basically taking a room apart! The main bed reason a bedbug treatment fails is a poor survey and treatment. Some can take a couple of treatments. Everything has to be checked and double checked. Cimetrol supa applied at the right dosage has never let me down. Use aerosols to flush them from hiding spots onto the cimetrol. Oil based products also work well. The rooms need to be occupied for the bedbugs to come out for a feed and walk over the products. No feeding they will sit tight until someone sleeps in there. 

Ive done lots of hotels and domestic B.B. jobs and have complete eradication on completion. 

14 hours ago, ratattack said:

Never ever use ULV on bed bugs, they will scuttle out of the way deeper into cracks and crevices and all you do is spread them! 

I would suggest you have a much bigger  problem than first thought, bedbug treatment is basically taking a room apart! The main bed reason a bedbug treatment fails is a poor survey and treatment. Some can take a couple of treatments. Everything has to be checked and double checked. Cimetrol supa applied at the right dosage has never let me down. Use aerosols to flush them from hiding spots onto the cimetrol. Oil based products also work well. The rooms need to be occupied for the bedbugs to come out for a feed and walk over the products. No feeding they will sit tight until someone sleeps in there. 

Ive done lots of hotels and domestic B.B. jobs and have complete eradication on completion. 

If a job fails it is always down to the occupier of property not following the instructions given at the time. It can be very difficult when dealing with foreigners to this country.

I was discussing this with my old mates from the local council recently and one of them has noted that using the ULV pre-treatment has had good effects at drawing them out of the crevices and allowed him to see where they're coming from to allow him to hit them with a spray easier.  I'm always up for trying anything new.

Regarding the aerosols etc, I have had some good fun using the diatomaceous earth in a spray can for driving them out of nooks and crannies etc.

I too have done lots of treatments in all kinds of occupancies and pride myself on a 100% success rate so far. But I'm always trying to stay ahead of the game.

ULV is a contact insecticide, unless applied directly to the cracks and crevices used by bedbugs using specific tools not a usual fogger, it will not be effective on bedbugs. It simply drives them deeper into harbourages and spreads them throughout a building. Most treatments fail due to the technique and application of products and improper survey.  Not sure how a customer can cause a treatment to fail. 

I’m not trying to teach you to suck eggs btw. 

Edited by ratattack
  • Like 1

Not that i know much about bedbugs or their eradication but a bloke in my village trains spaniels to search for bedbugs in hotels, guesthouses and the like. He makes a decent living from it apparently...

6 hours ago, ratattack said:

ULV is a contact insecticide, unless applied directly to the cracks and crevices used by bedbugs using specific tools not a usual fogger, it will not be effective on bedbugs. It simply drives them deeper into harbourages and spreads them throughout a building. Most treatments fail due to the technique and application of products and improper survey.  Not sure how a customer can cause a treatment to fail. 

I’m not trying to teach you to suck eggs btw. 

You Don't have to tell me what ULV is my friend. . . I know and I also know what to use it for thanks.

You obviously have not worked with the type of clientele I have done in my town. I'm not trying to tell you how to suck eggs by the way...  But anytime you want to come and have a look at some serious infestations let me know. You're not sure how a customer can cause a treatment to fail... come and see. Some things cannot be described in words and need to be seen to be believed...lol. 

6 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Not that i know much about bedbugs or their eradication but a bloke in my village trains spaniels to search for bedbugs in hotels, guesthouses and the like. He makes a decent living from it apparently...

I've seen dogs doing that before... Think he could train one of my Lurchers to do it mate ?  lol       I've got access to some great training grounds...with full permission.lol