Never off the lead

This poor dog not been off lead in weeks. Foot injurys suck but gotta keep him as active as he is able.

Walked the side of a golf course today terrier and little lurcher putting rabbits out all over and the big fella trying to rip my arm off for a run. 

20171212_132126.thumb.jpg.fdac362ac32e76d547563481cdf13d50.jpg20171212_132138.thumb.jpg.e6b6126a3158d62e5a30d8b2640a18a0.jpg 

• Like 4

Lovely looking dog. I feel his/your pain lol mine has spent half his life lead bound. It is time well spent mind and the longer you can go the better it seems.
He was a few months in here and was yearning to go check out the field

15390694363_ae5a09c2a7_k.jpg

I take him ferreting some times on a lead he thoroughly enjoys it :)

22811019657_0121ae0b06_k.jpg

his out of action at the mo with a toe :( 
Hope yours mends well and gets back at it when his healed 

• Like 1

How much longer before hes ready to run jcm.nice looking dog.i do like that old post to the right of the dog I had my chance to have 1 exactly like that 1.my plan was to paint it black put it in the flower border and train a climber up it.

On 12/12/2017 at 22:32, Black neck said:

They look a handy bunch what's he done to his foot

He knocked his toe up and it' calcified (if I have spelled that correct)  so I had him off for a few weeks got him back out he was knocking stuff over nobother but the next day he held his foot up again so he been off another 5 weeks again.

On 13/12/2017 at 07:38, terryd said:

Lovely looking dog. I feel his/your pain lol mine has spent half his life lead bound. It is time well spent mind and the longer you can go the better it seems.
He was a few months in here and was yearning to go check out the field

15390694363_ae5a09c2a7_k.jpg

I take him ferreting some times on a lead he thoroughly enjoys it :)

22811019657_0121ae0b06_k.jpg

his out of action at the mo with a toe :( 
Hope yours mends well and gets back at it when his healed 

Yeah man same goes to you also 

On 13/12/2017 at 11:31, king said:

How much longer before hes ready to run jcm.nice looking dog.i do like that old post to the right of the dog I had my chance to have 1 exactly like that 1.my plan was to paint it black put it in the flower border and train a climber up it.

I' just going to leave him off till after the new year.  Its a shame as it' his first season and he been doing very well.

That post and the fence runs to castle eden so I can imagine it' been there a good few years 

2 hours ago, jcm said:

He knocked his toe up and it' calcified (if I have spelled that correct)  so I had him off for a few weeks got him back out he was knocking stuff over nobother but the next day he held his foot up again so he been off another 5 weeks again.

ah mine is exactly the same and in the same position 

2 hours ago, jcm said:

I' just going to leave him off till after the new year.  Its a shame as it' his first season and he been doing very well.

That post and the fence runs to castle eden so I can imagine it' been there a good few years 

Fingers crossed he heals up well for you jcm.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jcm said:

Nightmare ain't it pal. Had a few trips planned aswell but had to k ok them on the head 

yea I know weather has been perfect last few nights but I am sort of getting used to big lay offs with this dog lol. Might let him have wander with the ferret at the weekend as his not likely to get any runs. But he won't be seeing the lamp for a long time to come 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, terryd said:

yea I know weather has been perfect last few nights but I am sort of getting used to big lay offs with this dog lol. Might let him have wander with the ferret at the weekend as his not likely to get any runs. But he won't be seeing the lamp for a long time to come 

Yeah man hopefully you get a few bolts to see how his toe holds up.