Trail XQ50 Rabbit Shooting

9 hours ago, IanB said:

Is it just me or is this guy a total cock?

You can't say that! He's hinted at being an army sniper (special forces I expect) and moved on to plinking.

You should ask the question on another couple of forums. :angel:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed the video .I've been shooting them for a living in New Zealand for a very long time so Id like to offer this up , I  at times wonder why some of you guys fiddle about for a age trying for a

just bought one of these off ian i can't wait for it to get here

No Ian,  he is just perfect in every way  . in fact if your lucky he may show you how to be as perfect a shot as he is!!!!!!  i am very envious of this gentlemans sniper like skills, only be

I enjoyed the video .I've been shooting them for a living in New Zealand for a very long time so Id like to offer this up , I  at times wonder why some of you guys fiddle about for a age trying for a head shot yet  I've seen a number run off wounded after such a shot as ,the margin for wounding a animal  is much greater with a head shot than a bullet into engine room(chest).The target in this area is a much bigger one .The killing zone in the head is in fact a very small area and could lead to animal suffering a very long and painful death after having its jaw broken unable to eat ,I dont for that very reason often take a headshot.If Im using my .22 or .233 I will take a " back end" shot where the bunnies sitting bum towards me ,its in fact a very good shot as the bullet travels up into the vitals .A rabbit shot & hit with a well placed shot then running off never to be seen again ,means nothing ,once hit in the heart  its common for them to run ,in fact they are dead on their feet .I doubt there's a member on this huge hunting site that  HASN'T cleanly  missed a shot or two .I do my very best to make every shot a killing one but with most things we do alot of ,at times  things don't always go to plan ,its called life ,...life is like that .

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 1/1/2018 at 18:25, toolebox said:

I enjoyed the video .I've been shooting them for a living in New Zealand for a very long time so Id like to offer this up , I  at times wonder why some of you guys fiddle about for a age trying for a head shot yet  I've seen a number run off wounded after such a shot as ,the margin for wounding a animal  is much greater with a head shot than a bullet into engine room(chest).The target in this area is a much bigger one .The killing zone in the head is in fact a very small area and could lead to animal suffering a very long and painful death after having its jaw broken unable to eat ,I dont for that very reason often take a headshot.If Im using my .22 or .233 I will take a " back end" shot where the bunnies sitting bum towards me ,its in fact a very good shot as the bullet travels up into the vitals .A rabbit shot & hit with a well placed shot then running off never to be seen again ,means nothing ,once hit in the heart  its common for them to run ,in fact they are dead on their feet .I doubt there's a member on this huge hunting site that  HASN'T cleanly  missed a shot or two .I do my very best to make every shot a killing one but with most things we do alot of ,at times  things don't always go to plan ,its called life ,...life is like that .

A lot of the Rabbits shot over here will go to a dealer before they enter the food chain and in a lot of cases it will only be   head shot rabbits that are accepted 

Edited by micky
  • Like 1

hi i went out with the Trail for the frist time last night i only used it as a spotter

as i have to order a Dovetail to Weaver / Picatinny Rail for it to fit my gun

anyway when i was using thermal ever so often it would freeze for a second or two

it did it 5 or 6 times have no idea why its doing this?

i sent a pm to ian last night about it im just waiting for him to get back to me

apart from that its was it was excellent /what a game changer

If it's anything like the handheld spotters, they refresh every so often and freeze, you hear a click and it's off for a second or two, then comes back on, if you look on the bottom line in the view, you will see a timer that's counting down just before it refreshes.

I leave mine on auto all the time it only refreshes a few time tor a munute or two then its ever 5 mins or so but as said there a countdown on bottom if screen telling you its going to do it never botherd me

• Like 1
On 1/1/2018 at 00:26, IanB said:

Is it just me or is this guy a total cock?

No Ian,  he is just perfect in every way  . in fact if your lucky he

may show you how to be as perfect a shot as he is!!!!!!

i am very envious of this gentlemans sniper like skills, only been shooting

about 35 yrs so i surely need his special knowledge. 

keep up up the good work Ian!!

atb  Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent video showing the capability of the thermal device. As for the shots taken it looked like very succesfull vermin clearing to me. I'll wager Mr.Farmer was a very happy chappy.

A shooter who pees about trying for perfect small kill zone shots would lose several windows of opportunity to destroy the vermin in favour of congratulating himself on shot placement - which in my opinion is better suited to target shooting where time can be taken to accurately assess windage and range. 

I have to agree the chap complaining comes across as someone who feels very important.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1