wolf hound x deerhound pups

On 14/08/2018 at 16:26, Dinosaurs said:

She’s growing into a cracking looking dog bud should have no probs dealing with your winters with that coat ? what size is she now? . Atb

she is a bit scared of the tape measure

so her height to top of shoulder/back is 28 inches

will try and measure from nose to tail

this might take some time

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like the one with the white cross on her chest is heading my way this friday ?

Don't get attached to the cats?

Looks like the old deerhoundy types,get one and get it on racoons and coyotes,lucky man  70 odd quid for a pup,puts UK prices into perspective.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

she is a bit scared of the tape measure

so her height to top of shoulder/back is 28 inches

will try and measure from nose to tail

this might take some time

28” already what hieght do you think she’ll finish? Always difficult to tell from vid but she looks pretty agile. I wish you all the best with her bud & hope to see more pics as she progresses. What will be her main quarry?  Atb 

10 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

28” already what hieght do you think she’ll finish? Always difficult to tell from vid but she looks pretty agile. I wish you all the best with her bud & hope to see more pics as she progresses. What will be her main quarry?  Atb 

Giraffe 

• Haha 1
  • 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, Criss86 said:

That's a nice big pup mate how old is she now and showing any good signs? 

20 minutes ago, mackem said:

Has she seen anything when you have had her on walks ted?

i have her now 14months.

she is very switched on when i take her for walks.we have a fair few hares in the town,they are now winter white fur coated.she spots

a good 200 ft away. then she wants gone,sometimes this takes you by surprise.

she has excellent eyes and a good nose on her

i am not allowed to slip her off in town and i have to do more research to were i can hunt with her.

i am not sure i can anywhere local

• Like 2

back ground....i am english and been here 11years.i find it hard to comprehend the hunting laws

at the best of times.

now i have this deer/wolfhound i wish to hunt with her.

i know certain areas i am not allowed to hunt with a dog for yotes.

so i goto to my local wildlife dept and speak with an officer about hunting for rabbits and hares with the hound.

OMFG

firstly i had to explain the breed of dog and what it is bred for,he continued to ask me how did i train it to do that.

basically they dont have a fckn clue about hunting with dogs as he kept harping on about retrieving ducks,geese and grouse with labs.

i tried to explain the 'subtle' difference between hunting and retrieving.

anyways i am waiting for this legal beagle to get back to me to see if i can let the dog loose if/when i see a rabbit or hare (plenty of hares in town here)

47 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Sounds bit of a mine field bud. Hope you get it sorted ?. Atb

47 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Sounds bit of a mine field bud. Hope you get it sorted ?. Atb

it is a minefield.

its really hard to find out what you are allowed to do,its damn easy to find out what you cannot do.

i explained to the officer how the laws are back in UK,almost clear cut across the whole country

here,holy fckng hell ............bang head against the nearest wall.

these officers are quick enough to either write you a fine there and then,arrest you,compound your vehicle and confiscate your dog/firearm.

the amount of run ins i have had with them is beyond even remotely funny

i need a beer

23 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

it is a minefield.

its really hard to find out what you are allowed to do,its damn easy to find out what you cannot do.

i explained to the officer how the laws are back in UK,almost clear cut across the whole country

here,holy fckng hell ............bang head against the nearest wall.

these officers are quick enough to either write you a fine there and then,arrest you,compound your vehicle and confiscate your dog/firearm.

the amount of run ins i have had with them is beyond even remotely funny

i need a beer

that right Dan,your in Canada , in USA , they hunt wild pigs and yotes there was another bloke on here with same name as you ,his dogs were called staghounds old line deerhounyxgreyhound  and had bulldog in them as well, big rough haired type dogs, dont think he had probs with hunting laws, but it kight be the state he lived in.?