wolf hound x deerhound pups

i have just seen an advert for wolf hound x deerhound pups for sale for a very cheap price of $100

i am allowed to hunt coyotes with a dog.this i am excited about

does anyone on here have such a dog? which would be best,male of female.

i do also have 3 cats and a patterdale in the house at the mo

here is a pic of mum,dad and pups

thoughts please fellas

38108130205_752a5819aa_b.jpg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like the one with the white cross on her chest is heading my way this friday ?

Don't get attached to the cats?

Looks like the old deerhoundy types,get one and get it on racoons and coyotes,lucky man  70 odd quid for a pup,puts UK prices into perspective.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i have just seen an advert for wolf hound x greyhound pups for sale for a very cheap price of $100

i am allowed to hunt coyotes with a dog.this i am excited about

does anyone on here have such a dog? which would be best,male of female.

i do also have 3 cats and a patterdale in the house at the mo

here is a pic of mum,dad and pups

thoughts please fellas

38108130205_752a5819aa_b.jpg

Don't get attached to the cats?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Don’t know if you after a greyhound cross but I don’t see a grey in the pic, maybe something lost in translation ?

looks  like a contented bunch,

for heavy work , bring a skin of some sort and whatever pup hangs on the longest, grab it and pay the man and best of luck ✌️

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Looks like the old deerhoundy types,get one and get it on racoons and coyotes,lucky man :yes: 70 odd quid for a pup,puts UK prices into perspective.

damn patterdale cost $1200 that included its flight from ontario to sask.

44 minutes ago, Casso said:

Don’t know if you after a greyhound cross but I don’t see a grey in the pic, maybe something lost in translation ?

looks  like a contented bunch,

for heavy work , bring a skin of some sort and whatever pup hangs on the longest, grab it and pay the man and best of luck ✌️

thats how the dogs were advertised on a canuck forum i am on.

wifey always wanted a big wolfhound and i dont mind them.

thanks for the advice with the skin.if we travel i will take some deer hide or a cat LOL

I’ve owned a few of these over the years had a couple that were a little half hearted, and two that were my pride and joy at the time, the good ones are very good, a little slower to mature than the staghound cross, but worth the wait if you get a good one. PS I could be wrong but they look a bit deerhoundy to me, I would own one going on the looks.

• Like 3

Looks like they're second generation or linebred  wolfhound x grey if those are the parents? If you're wanting to use it on coyote I'd imagine the biggest boldest dog pup would be your best bet unless there's a bitch that really stands out to you.

Keep us updated if you end up getting one would be good to see how it turns out :thumbs:

• Like 4

I reckon they'd be good on coyote, my mate had one for foxes and a bit slow top end speed,that was a straight cross,they look second or line bred.I'd go for the leggiest one.And I'd get a bitch,you could always put back to a greyhound if too slow.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

Wolfhounds over here just wouldn’t have the graft behind the blood mate, everyone I have ever seen has been an article ! 

Used to see a woman in the paper shop every morning with her wolfhound where I used to live, she's kept them all her life and said you're lucky to get 6 years out of them before they start falling apart and need PTS. I asked once why she would still keep them and not get a deerhound or something similar that could live a long healthy life and she didn't really have an answer.

• Like 1